Thursday, June 30, 2016

Back to juicing with Kuvings

I love my Kuvings! Guess this is the best investment that we've made so far. Everyone in the house loves juice! I've not been juicing for a while ever since I started pregnant with no3, and after I gave birth, I hardly have time to juice. Taking care of a newborn is so tiring that I just leave my Kuvings to rot on the table top.

Baby Vi is now 4 months and slowly, I started to find some extra time that I can juice. One of the reasons to juice is to skip dinner and get rid of all the unwanted fats. Thanks to the delicious RT Pastry swiss roll that I'm hooked and putting a whole lot of weight. *cry* Secondly, to nourish my body to produce the best quality of breastmilk for my baby and the little toddler. Oh well, many said that breastfeeding can help mommy to go back in shape, yeah right, I'm still running out of shape. Blame my appetite? I eat more than I used to. And I always worry if I didn't eat much, I won't produce enough milk. It's quite true though, every time I skipped lunch/dinner I notice that I don't engorged neither do I feel full. 😂 So, I'm determined to go back to juicing!

It's not pure fruit juice, but more of vege juice. If you plan to juice, don't go for pure fruit juice. You're drinking fructose/sugar. Put more vege instead of fruits.

Juice for the day consists of:
kailan + cucumber + carrot + green apples + lemon + oranges


 

 
Our little baby... 
 
This is for the kids : orange + green apple + carrot + cucumber

Mommy and daddy's juice : kailan + cucumber + carrot + lemon + green apple + orange

Kuvings is the best! Look at the dry pulp. Fruits and veges are juiced out to the max!

And today, we're juicing lotus root. After googling the benefits of lotus root, I felt assured that this will help with the little boys' fever. He woke up from his afternoon nap and I felt his forehead was hotter than usual. Checked with the thermometer and true enough, he was down with fever. 38.2 degrees. Sigh. He just recovered from fever two weeks ago and today, he was down with fever again. So sad. Hopefully it's just another round of viral infection and nothing else. Every time when they fall sick, my mind just couldn't stay positive. Sigh. I just need to learn to let go and let God.

 
Lotus root is high in Vit C and it helps to cool down the body as well. If you're prone to nose bleed, this will help. And it does help to bring down your fever. So, I'm gonna juice this and let him drink. But make sure that you wash it properly because you do not want to juice any mud. =D 

It feels good to go back in juicing for health. Gonna grab more raw veges from the store and start to eat healthy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment