Sunday, June 12, 2016

Pandan and chocolate butter cake

I have this expired butter at home which was bought last year. 😱 I just couldn't find the time to bake hence few blocks of butter expired just like that. I have two more blocks to go after this. Guess I'll be on butter marathon for the coming weeks. Butter marathon and then exercise marathon. Haha.

I decided to bake pandan chocolate butter cake because the pandan leaves grew so wild in my garden. I harvested the whole bunch, about 30 leaves and blend it with very little of water to get a real concentrated pandan juice. Strain the juice from the pulp and keep the juice overnight. The next day, you will see two layers in the bottle and pour away the top layer. Use only the concentrated juice that sinks to the bottom. Then you'll get a real greenish nice color of pandan cake.

Here's the recipe for the cake which I altered on my own. Experimenting my own recipe. 😋

250gm of butter
250 of cake flour
4 egg yolks
1 teaspoon of baking powder
60gm of sugar
6 tablespoons of pandan juice

4 eggs whites
60gm sugar

Chocolate powder

Preheat the oven.
1. Cream the butter and add 60gm sugar.
2. Add the egg yolks one at a time and beat.
3. Sift in the flour and baking powder and beat well until all mixed. Pour in the pandan juice alternately with the flour.
4. Beat the egg whites until foamy. Add the sugar in three batches and continue to beat until stiff.
5. Scoop 1/4 of the egg white meringue and fold in to the butter batter. Fold slowly until all are mixed well.
6. Then pour the batter into the remaining meringue and fold well.
7. Scoop some batter and mix with melted chocolate powder.
7. Pour the pandan batter into baking tin and then top with chocolate batter. Use a knife to create marble pattern for your cake. Bake at 160c for 50-60mins. Until your skewer come out clean.

I just love the bright green color of the pandan cake. Smells so good and the color is so refreshing!




0 comments:

Post a Comment