Saturday, June 25, 2016

Baby Vi's studio photoshoot

You know when you're not going through the process of taking care of a newborn anymore..and when you know she's the last baby you're gonna have.. All you want to do is to go all out for everything! I just want to enjoy her as much as I can before the newborn and baby phases are over. 

Initially I wanted to secure the professional photographer Papierhat that is quite famous in family photography, but they were fully booked. The next available slot is when baby Vi is 2-3 months old. My intention was to get a newborn photography done but sad to say..  I just have to DiY my own. I started Google-ing around on which angle, how to position your baby and so on.. And I came out with this.. 

This was taken at 18 days old. When I was still in confinement, I moved up and down just to get this shot done. At first my mom thought whose baby is this because it looks so professional.. And my friend asked if I did this shot myself. Lol. I can't believe this shot is up to standard. But I still feel that it wasn't the newborn photography that I expected it to be.

And I started to look in Groupon. Hopefully to find a cheaper photography rather than to secure a professional photographer that might cost above RM1k. And I found one! House of Brides and Blooms at Puchong offers two packages RM19 or RM29 photoshoot. After I did some research and reading reviews in Facebook, it seems ok. Many good reviews about them. Excitedly, we bought two RM29 coupons. Which means we will have two photoshoots done, one when she's 2mo and another one at 3mo. Most studios only offer one groupon per family per year, but there's no such rule stated in the terms and conditions, hence we happily booked two slots. Until the day we told them we have two coupons, they said sorry, only one baby per coupon. No repeat. Is either they refund the money to us or get Ash or Da to do the second photoshoot. We checked the terms and conditions again and it was not stated any such rules. The hb was not satisfied and wanted baby Vi to get the photography done because that was the reason we bought the coupon at the first place. After some discussions here and there, the manager was kind enough to honor the terms and conditions and said ok, get baby Vi done for both coupons. 

So here's baby Vi's first photoshoot at 2 months old. She was such a trooper. She didn't fuss from the start to the end..  From changing costumes, changing positions, changing poses.. A whole different kind of environment and she adapted so well. Am so proud of her! 

The two pictures below were done this afternoon at 3 months old. She behaved very well, except she reserved her smiles for mommy only. We acted silly, squeezed the plush toys to make squeak sounds, kring-krang the bell toys and yet couldn't make her smile. Aaaahhh.. Our cool baby girl. 



I just can't wait to see the end result and get the photos printed. Oh, how much I love photography. They grow up too fast and by snapping lots of photos and videos, it creates a beautiful memory down the lane. We do not have time machine to go back to their newborn-baby days, but we have photos and videos that we can always look back and smile and appreciate the "once upon a time" memories. ❤

0 comments:

Post a Comment