Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Stage 1 - House Reno Completed!

Finally, stage 1 is completed after much hassle, traveling and discussion. It was really tiring especially the discussion on what to do and what not to do and then the calculation of expenses if our savings are enough to cover for the expenses. It was not easy and sometimes I get irritated easily because I just do not like to handle those renovation thingy. But, I have to since it's gonna be our new home. It's a bit selfish if I leave everything for Justin to handle.

Stage 1 Included:
1) Starts off with the hacking for additional power point
2) Plaster ceiling for living room and master bedroom
3) JC hunt for fans at Legend SS2 and Lights at Perfect Lighting Uptown. Got a pretty good deal and they were so much cheaper than Carefour.
4) Lights + Fan Installation
5) JC hunt for paints at Jaya Jusco. Failed to spot any due to no salesman there. Proceed to hardware shop at Centrepoint and bought the Nippon Satin Glo paint.
6) Painting completed.
7) Installation of kitchen hood. Pretty like it because it's properly done.
8) Hacking of the Yard's toilet bowl and convert it to laundry room.
9) Installation of ply wood in the master bedroom.
10) The major renovation done and it will be tomorrow! Few more minor renovation to go.

Pictures below are our soon-to-be new home! It's gonna be awesome and nice... I just can't wait and kept thinking of moving in as soon as possible!

Living room. Combination of Bradford Brown (on feature wall) and Graystone paint. Nice combination and Justin is pretty bold in making this decision! Good job Honey!

KDK ceiling fan with remote control. This is for lazy people like us. Hehe... Metallic silver fan and fits well in our living room and makes it look so cosy!

Room 3 bedroom, which will be converted to home office and Jazzy's Studio!

Pinky Room 2..... I don't dare to step near the window, scary and afraid I might fall.. Haha.

Master Bedroom ~ Combination of Red Purple on feature wall with light purple. Initially I would like to have Rosy pink and light pink, but I think that purple looks more elegant rite. Can't wait to fix our LCD TV on the feature wall. But that will be later as our pockets are leaking pretty fast.

The long stretch of the master bedroom window.... good for fresh air in the morning!

And our 7 speed panasonic fan with remote control! It's gonna be a freezing room.....

I converted the Yard to wet kitchen because I admit, I'm just so lazy to clean the oil everywhere in the kitchen. Thus, if the yard is dirty, I think it's ok. If there is guest, just close the Yard's door. Haha. Anyway, I will just get those aluminium thingy for the yard's wall and I can just throw away when dirty. Can you see the kitchen hood nicely hang on the wall? I like it because it's properly done compare to our previous home!

In order to prepare good food, I need a fan... and this is remote control as well, since the one without remote is almost the same price. Thought of getting a baby fan, but it's too expensive and not worth it. So, wall fan is more than enough, as long as there is fan. At least the condo comes with free kitchen cabinet. Otherwise it will eat up our 10k again.

That's all for the completion of Stage 1 and Stage 2 shall be the next post. I'm just so impatient now!! Very Very Very impatient. Hahaha.... Cheers~

7 comments: