Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Salmon Carbonara

Recently everyone in the family is addicted to western food. We are all so bored of chinese food and the hubby kick start the fire with his pork chop pasta. It tasted so good that I asked him to cook again this week.

Not enough of pork chop.. I saw the salmon lying in my freezer for 3 weeks already. 😱 And I decided to come out with my own recipe of salmon cabonara. It tasted good tho, the hubby said it was delicious. Not sure if he's trying to please me. Haha.

Here's my version of salmon cabonara, use what I have in the fridge.

Ingredients :
Salmon (marinade with some salt and coarse pepper)
Cherry tomatoes (cut into halves)
Cooking cream
Milk
Salt to taste
Butter (for healthier version use olive oil)
Onion (chopped)
Garlic (chopped)
Few tablespoons of white wine vinegar
Fettucine/macaroni/penne (you decide)
(since this is my own version of salmon cabonara, I don't have the exact measurement how much you should use and so on, I just go by feel. 😛)

Method:
1. Heat up butter in a saucepan with medium heat. Stir fry the salmon.
2. Add in onion and garlic. Stir fry until fragrant.
3. Add cherry tomatoes. Stir fry again for few minutes.
4. Add in cooking cream and some milk. I make it more watery so that it's easier for the kids to eat.
5. Add cooking vinegar and salt to taste. Set aside.
6. Boil a pot of water with some salt and olive oil. After water is boiled, add in pasta and cook until it's soft. Follow the instructions on the packaging. Drain and mix well with some butter and coarsed black pepper.
7. Serve together with the salmon cream sauce.
8. Enjoy!




0 comments:

Post a Comment