Thursday, August 29, 2013

Keep her in your prayer, will you?

My darling daughter is not well again ... And how much my heart aches when I learned that she had fever last Friday evening when we picked up her up from the sitters'. I thought she might have caught the flu bug, spread from Justin to Me and most probably to her..

Until Sat afternoon, she kept complaining her face pain. She pointed to the right side of her cheek and said "face pain".. and followed on with cry. We didn't make a big deal out of it, we thought it was just a normal pain, which she might have knocked her face on something ... until we notice that her food intake reduced and worst of all, she didn't want to drink! She refused her porridge, milk, water ... everything! And then I knew, her face pain was really painful for her. She didn't make a story out of it, but she might have felt some discomfort inside her mouth. I tried my very best to ask her to open her mouth to check for ulcers, but she refused. She shut her mouth tight.

Since Fri 23 Aug onwards, her fever came back once a day, every afternoon, about 12-1pm. Strange? Yes. We did not know what was the cause of her fever and mouth pain.. Ulcer? Teething?. And till today, we still do not have the answer. We brought her to the pediatrician on 27 Aug since she still didn't recover from her fever and she still complaining "face pain". The Dr checked but couldn't find anything amiss in her mouth. No ulcers. No redness in throat. So, suspected teething at the back of the gum. But, she's not drooling. Hmmm.... and we were told that if her fever didn't go off by the 7th day, on 29 Aug, we should bring her back for blood test.

Thank God, the next day itself, after the checkup with Dr, she started showing some improvement. She complaint lesser on her face pain and she can drink. But she's still not that keen to drink milk. I actually offered her packet drink Yeos Chrysanthemum the other day to keep her hydrated since she was so picky and cranky.

Today, she's so much better. She can bite on apples without complaining and making fuss out of it. And she's back to her happy self again, except for the phlegm in the throat. Well, it hurts my heart so much to see my little one struggling to eat. Whenever she sees us eating bread, she wanted to eat so much.. but she couldn't. And seeing her like that (she couldn't sleep and eat well) .. I just couldn't hold back my tears.

Well, we're so glad that she's back in full gear. Look at the happy smile. The smile that I have been longing for days. I miss her bubbly active self... I miss to see her enjoying her meal, eating and chewing on apples. I miss her laughter... I miss her sweet soft happy voice calling out Mama. And how much I miss seeing her enjoying talking to her little brother...

Please keep her in your prayer, will you? She has been falling sick quite often, almost once every month ... =(


0 comments:

Post a Comment