Monday, August 5, 2013

A 90 secs video changed my entire perspective!

This Hari Raya video advertisement from Maxis is just so meaningful and I can watch it over and over again. And everytime I watch it, I'm moved. So touching!

If you take a stroll along the food stalls, it is almost impossible to see people that don't talk to phone these days. People gather in a group, but everyone is busy tapping on the phone. We all get too tied up with technology that we have forgotten the definition of communication. In fact, those games that exist during my childhood days no longer exist today. We don't see children these days jumping with long rubber bands. And children today don't collect marbles. They don't know that they can use bottle caps as games. And what games are they playing today? Angry bird. Candy Crush. Etc.

Oh well... before I ever have children, I told Justin that I will never spoil my children this way. But today, having one toddler in tow.. I couldn't help but to offer a tablet, just to make her sit down quietly. Sigh .... where has my principle gone.

And today, thanks to Maxis. Instead of offering a tablet when my daughter is bored, I decided to go on with some coloring.. writing.. and other fun activities. I started first with writing.. and she loves it so much! Perhaps next time we should start doing craft together. And when she's older, we do BAKING! I just couldn't wait for the day ... that both of us can mess up the little kitchen of ours and spread the nice buttery aroma all over the house! I'm sure she will be happy!

Let's do something different today.. that we don't get too tied up with technologies..
But, have a real communication!

Watch this Ad if you haven't.. and be blessed. =)


0 comments:

Post a Comment