Sunday, August 4, 2013

BREASTFEEDING SUPPORT: CLOSE TO MOTHERS

“While breastfeeding may not seem the right choice for every parent, it is the best choice for every baby.” - Amy Spangler

*I've just finished my pumping session at office* =D

In conjunction with the world breastfeeding week (1-7 August), I would like to celebrate this week, the breastfeeding week! My son is now 2 months & 25 days and I would proudly say that I've succesfully breastfeed him till today. Even though in the first few weeks we gave in to formula (I was too tired coping with #1's demand and thus, I gave in to formula) but today, we are all adapting well with this new change and I'm adapting to my little boy's feeding schedule and thus... we make it to fully breastfeed and we ditched the formula aside. And, proudly to say, I can even supply some breastmilk to my eldest daughter and she absolutely loves it. She doesn't want to latch on.. she goes "eeeeee" when I ask her to suck. She's so cute and funny.

Well, breastfeeding is not one easy journey. Especially when you have to deal with engorgement, mastitis, plugged ducts, sore/cracked nipples... But, it's fulfilling when you see your little one growing strong and healthy. It's worth all the effort when you know you are providing them a natural mama's milk (not from cow) and you do not have to worry about any contamination during milk processing, or even worry about additional preservatives/artificial ingredients. Mama's milk is all natural and organic.

With the recent hoo haa about contaminated formula, and many concerns whether is this brand safe, that brand safe.. I thank God that my son does not have to go through this. I only worry for my daughter.... And today, I went to the store and grabbed a tin of Oatmilk for her. I would set aside cow's milk for the time being until the authority has confirmed which brand is safe or which brand is recalled. So, plant based milk for the time being. Hopefully my daughter loves it.

My breastfeeding journey so far... I absolutely love it. Not to mention the priceless bonding and the all-natural antibodies, I find it so precious, especially when I position my baby and his mouth automatically searches for the nipple and he knows how to grab it on his own. So cute! Despite the sleepless night, waking up in the middle of the night to latch on and then pump... it's all worth it. Because 10-20 years later, I'm sure I will miss this moment. I will definitely miss what is called "let down" and the tingling sensation when the milk is rushing in. =D

Well, I'm here to wish all breastfeeding mommies Happy Breastfeeding! Finally, to all mommies, breastfeeding or not.. you mommies are great! And a huge pat on your back... because breastfeeding or not, we all have been through the sleepless night, the thick and thin of motherhood and ... we all deserve a RECOGNITION!


0 comments:

Post a Comment