Friday, October 2, 2009

Revisit @ Fong Lye Restaurant at The Gardens, Mid Valley

The first time I went to Fong Lye Restaurant was with Canny, my xhousemate.... and she treated me for my birthday. Such a nice gal of her..... miss her so much, especially her laughter and her reaction when she sees a cat! Haha....... She recommended this place and yeah, the 2nd revisit here is to try their famous sweet potato ball.
Sweet potato ball which cost about RM5.30 per plate... So crispy and delicious! Love it so much... I can easily whack them off within 5 mins... haha. This is a must to order yea... and don't miss out. Don't worry, the portion is not really big, order one plate to share.... =)

Linda ordered this!!! Too bad, I just don't know how to appreciate beef. Otherwise, I will definitely order this! Smells good and the taste is quite good too....... This whole set cost about RM19.80.

Look at our table! Not enough place to put anymore extra dishes..........

And hubby ordered this!!!!! 3 variety supreme chicken! At first Mr Hubby thought there will be 3 varieties of cooking style and served in a plate, but.... it was actually 3 varieties of herbs I guess. He thought like, oh... this meal is so worth! I get to taste 3 varieties of chicken..... LOL. This set worth RM19.80 as well.... And I ordered sliced beef with spring onion, also Rm19.80 but I'm not sure why I lost the pic... Sigh.

The rice that served with the set.... added some minched meat on top as well.
Overall, the food is rather satisfying, but it's kinda pricey as well... so not a meal for everymonth. But, the sweet potato ball can be a choice for everyweek! Hohoho.............. ;p

3 comments:

  1. hmmmm.....looks nice...the potato balls cost RM1 for 3 in pasar malam..but this is not too exp considering it's being served in a restaurant....hehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. but quite small only wor... but crunchy and nice! So, really good to try. The next time I will just grab the sweet potato balls n go home. Haha...

    Still, the best is learn how to make! Save all the cost!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehehe...i think it's not that difficult..but the effort has to go into mashing the sweet potato..and i think u have to add starch into the mashed sweet pots so that it'll stick together...

    ReplyDelete