Thursday, July 9, 2009

Amarin Heavenly Thai Restaurant @ MidValley

We're actually bored with the food served at PBD/HP Mamak and so decided to drive out from where the office is and go for food hunting! Midvalley was the choice because it's near to our office and no transportation issue. Thanks to Nicky, as our driver! We chose between Nandos or Thai food, but majority of our stomachs were longing for the spicy sour tomyam goong. The decision was made and we headed to Amarin Heavenly Thai located at (S045, Level 2, Mid Valley Megamall). If you know where OASIS foodcourt is, then this restaurant is just one floor down.

Chin Ling, Jenny and me...

Nicky, Farah and Ieta... All of us ordered the set lunch because it's kinda worth. RM16.90++ a set with drinks and dessert.

Jenny's tomyam and green curry set, served with Thai fragrant steamed rice, iced water chestnuts with coconut milk and ice lemon tea.

Jenny's Thai fragrant steamed rice with sunny side up. Perhaps the sunny side up is the egg!

Me, Farah, Ieta and Chin Ling ordered this! I've always been wanting to try this dish, pineapple fried rice and yea, now is the right time. Pineapple fried rice with chicken, tomyam seafood soup, iced water chestnuts with coconut milk and ice lemon tea. I yet to try the pineapple fried rice at other Thai restaurants, so I couldn't comment much on here.

Nicky's Hot Basil Leaves set... served with Thai fragrant steamed rice, iced water chestnuts with coconut milk and ice lemon tea.

Ice lemon tea....

Everyone enjoying the food, and yeah... at this time, all silence! Hehe...

The side dish~ Pandan leaves chicken (gai hor bai tuey) 3 pieces for RM12 and 5 pieces for RM16.

Our tomyam soup.... from the set lunch. This was really good, my favorite! If you go to Black Canyon, you can order a big bowl for RM9.90 only.

Iced water chestnuts with coconut milk.... quite special I can say.

The ambience of the restaurant.... pardon me for my going-to-spoilt-camera. Ish, I should get a new one larh. Wait till there's one mini SLR, then I will quickly grab one. Hehe...

6 comments:

  1. ahhh, amarin thai..IMHO, its the same chain as that of the other thai F&Bs in klang valley. the only difference is the portion and pricing.

    anyway, there is a mini SLR/digicam. its from olympus. cost rm2999 minus flash. but it can take shots with ISO up to 6400.

    there's a review of it in kennysia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin : So which is better? wat is IMHO? the name of the restaurant?
    wow, Rm2999.... cannot la, out of my budget. Haha... there's one Lumix, I forgot what model, is also something like mini SLR, but I stil think the quality like my normal digicam. Maybe I dunno how to use.. haha. Aih, I think I can only replace with another normal digicam la...

    ReplyDelete
  3. IMHO = in my humble opinion.

    i honestly think that thai food chains in msia are nothing compared to the ones back in thailand. i know it sounds stupid. but it just taste different. thats why i generally avoid makaning in thai joints. mahal and not worth it.

    bout the camera. i think justin would know more. as far as i know, the lens plays a bigger role in image quality than sensor/body.

    so far, only the new olympus offers SLR quality shots. other half digicam/half slr models dont give the depth of field (perspective).

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha..u short form until like dis. So lazy to type ar... IMHO. Lolz.... Yea, actually I still agree with you. But I still yet to taste the real authentic good delicious Thai food. Even in Krabi, I don't think they taste good also. They degrade the quality/spicyness to suit all the ang mo.

    yea, justin knows more bout camera. Previously I made a mistake cause I bought digicam based on look and not function. Haha... so in the end, sold off and get a better one.. with the lens popping out (if you know wat i meant here) =D

    i think i will forget bout mini slr la, since mini also nearly 3k.

    ReplyDelete
  5. food looks good...and yeah..the olympus this looks cool...saw it on Kennysia's blog...

    ReplyDelete
  6. visit here for review on amarin heavenly thai. tried to call the restaurant but nobody pickup. =(

    ReplyDelete