Tuesday, April 26, 2011

2011 Durian Fever Again!

It's durian season again and this time, it's kinda early. I used to buy durians from roadside, but after I was conned by the durian seller last month (he charged me RM30 for 2 durian kampung special) I boycott roadside durian FOREVER AND EVER, until I master the skill on how to choose good quality durian. Otherwise, forget bout it.

So, the next place to get good quality durian, other than indulging in the durian buffet at SS2, I've found one good place, which is Jusco at Setiawangsa!! I absolutely love the durians there and nope, they are not from Thailand, but from Pahang. I usually hunt for durians at night, about 7pm when the 50% starts coming. Everything is less 50% and I love it.... This fruit is freaking EXPENSIVE! But, twice a year.. who cares rite? =D Perhaps I should point back to my mom, she's the Queen of durian in the house and I inherited the gene, and now I'm known as Princess of durian then.

I would prefer to get from Jusco instead of roadside because I can stay assure that all flesh are good qualities, no hard flesh or worm or anything. And they are really honest seller! XO means XO and they don't cheat!


First time in my life I've tasted Musang King! The best durian ever.... it's bitter and creamy, but not as creamy as XO, but more bitter than XO. I think my dad will love this, the not so creamy but very bitter durian.


XO and it's reallyyyyyyyyy creamy and sticky and BITTER! My favourite ......
NOTE: If you sneeze when you eat durian, be happy because you are eating a very bitter good quality durian! I sneezed countless times when I ate this XO durian. Love it!!

Udang merah .... this is not bitter but sweet. Not really my favourite and I would not get this again. Not creamy also... but suits those sweet lovers =)

Durian Jantung! One of the best durians as well..... it's bitter and creamy! As good as XO and I like it!! Usually I would get Jantung and XO, both are my favourites....

All these are not for me, but sooooooooooo tempted to just steal one seed of each packs. Haha. I think my mom will be so impatient when she look at all these wonderful durians! Hahahaha!

I LOVE DURIAN! =D

0 comments:

Post a Comment