Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Vege Tales!

I'm just so amazed when I started to compile all the veges that I've successfully trained Justin to munch on! Huge pats to me.. and more pats to Justin, the successful-vege-eater! Hahaha.... I just can't believe, it's a lot! Really really a lot. In my mind it was like only that few types of vege I can/always/must buy from Jusco, but when I started to compile... it's really alot!

Here's the story of how I slowly introduce from the tiniest, less green to the thickest and greenest vege!

First of all, when we first dated... he used to throw all the green vege to me. Not only green, but the no color vege (eg, cabbage) also passed all the way from the other plate onto my plate. This is critical rite? It's ok... I set a goal and I will train him with vege, but of course, I won't be that cruel to start off with the thickest greenest broccoli! So, I introduce this no-leafy taste of vege which is Bayam/Chinese Spinach! The trick is to stir fry with lots of marinated sliced chicken breast. He accepted it... but I hate this vege because it takes a lot of hardwork! Honestly, I'm lazy... haha. To really clean this vege is a hard job! Harder and more stressful than working in office. No joke, I just don't like the tedious job of checking every leaves and ensure no white spots.. and then rinse it many many times to remove the soil. I've then set the next aim, to introduce the less hassle vege!

So this is the one! No hassle at all.. just soak and soak and soak! The initial trick is to fry this cabbage with egg. It tasted really good and he absolutely love it... so done! The next vege in line..

This iceberg lettuce.... sap sap sui, no problem introducing especially when you fry with lots of garlic. =)

Chinese cabbage! This one is totally out.. but i just dump in the soup. At least if he doesn't like the lembik style of it, the nutrients are all in the soup already... =P


French beans and long beans are his favorite! Good job hun! These are the easiest vege to settle and I love cooking them... less than 10mins of preparing, not counted the soaking time. Ha!

Kangkung is also another tedious job, that's why I stop recommending to him, only when we dine in the restaurant/mamak. Kangkung with belacan is a must! But after I read the story of leech build their wonder home in the hole of the stem, I totally stopped eating this vege. Scary enuff when come to think about it...

Next ....... celery! If you want more salary, eat this vege and be blessed! Hahaha.... He's ok ok only la with this vege, not that super likey tho because of the strong "salary" smell. He should love it rite... because it's $$$ smell. Lol...

Leek! He's ultimately in love with this vege, especially when you stir fry with meat and add some soy sauce for the fragrant. And yet, it's another easy vege to handle! Ma fan part is only the slicing .... ;P

Next, this is known as "Rabbit's Vege" to Justin.... this was so funny because I used to give this vege to my rabbits and he actually asked me, "Not rabbit eat wan meh?" Hahaa... so cute of him. Slowly, he accepted this vege and kudos! =)

Wohooooo ~ The scary vege hops in! When I first introduced this vege, the marinated chicken breast is 70% of the vege... only 30% of broccoli and well, he accepted it positively because of the proportion between the meat and vege. Yeapppiee! I'm successful! And this vege is really rich in vitamin...

FinallY!!! This is what I wanted him to try and I'm still working hard on it because he said "the "bulu-bulu" on top of this vege makes my tongue geli/"ngiau-ngiau"".. Seriously, I can't stop laughing when he said the bulu bulu vege makes him geli. Haha...

So, that's all about my mighty man's progress on swallowing veges! Haha.... Kudos to him, at least all the veges that I introduce and he accepts are those that does not require hardwork washing/cleaning/cutting.... =D

2 comments:

  1. heheeh...now I'm a proud non food picker :D
    Actually I like the Celery they serve at TGIF where you have the sourish deep..hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaa...i love these veggies..yums!! but really depends on how u cook them la....

    Muahahaa....yes..celery is best eaten raw..:)

    justin..gambatteh neh!!

    ReplyDelete