Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Chawan Mushi with new cawan ..

We went to Daiso Japan and I saw these cups used to cook chawan mushi just like in those Japanese restaurant. Interested and I bought two cups, hopefully the texture is as good as the one I had in the Sushi Zanmai (my fav Japanese restaurant).

I just love chawan mushi but I wonder what extra ingredients they added inside, is it miso? I don't know.. I wish I'm a chef now. Seriously... if I have the extra $$ I will definitely enroll myself in culinary arts. It's interesting....

Surprisingly, with these cups, the steamed egg turned out to be so good. I don't even have to control the fire, control the lid of the kuali or even ensure that the amount of water is just nice.

With these magic cups, all I need to do is :
1) Add some hot water in the cup to melt the salt and pepper, otherwise it will sink at the bottom undissolved.
2) Then, add in some cold water about half of the cup.
3) Crack 1 egg for 1 cup. (Tips : Don't crack the egg and then only add water, because thru this act you will create bubbles and then you won't have silky steam egg)
4) Slowly stir using one side of the chopstick. Be as gentle as you can so that you don't create bubbles while stirring.
5) Add in whatever that you like to add in (eg, sliced chicken breast/mushroom/crabstick)
6) Cover the cup's lid and then put to steam at high heat for 8-10mins.. KAO TIM!

I love the end result because the measurement is just so ngam that I don't have to worry whether I added too much water or will it turn out to be so rough on the surface. Indeed, this is a good investment! Only RM5 per cup... get one now!! =)

The only ma fan part is to wash the cups but luckily, I have a *dishwasher* always ready to clean up the dishes after we're done with meals. Thank you Jus! =)

1 comments: