Monday, August 24, 2009

GRCians (Part I) ...........

Before working at HP, I actually started to work as a teacher at Grace Resource Centre, PJ. If you are curious, this home schooling is actually a church ministry by Grace Assembly church under Pastor Henry Ramaya. At that time, I was actually waiting for my final exam results/convocation before I started to look for an IT job. So, I ended up teaching at GRC, PJ for about 6 mths and then I found the job that I like. The syllabus are totally different with the one in those sekolah kebangsaan. When I was teaching there, there were lots of things to learn, especially the Literature or known as Language Arts. Honestly, sometimes I do think the students are smarter than me because they know lots of literature, where else most of the time I will lead them to Miss Emel, the English pro or sometimes Miss Cath!

I left GRC early of Jan07 and on the day I tender my resignation, my heart was so heavy. I did not give any month's notice, but a 24 hours notice. Which means I started to pack my stuffs on the same day I tender and left school after 4pm. Obvioulsy, the kids have planted a deep root in my heart and it left such a big pain when I had to slowly let go of the planted root. But I know each of them have impacted my life a lot and indeed some of them made me realised of what a child is hoping for, what is a child's need and many more facts of a child's life.

Children are not all about cute/chubby, in fact it is whether they are brought up in a Godly home, by parents that love God and put God first. Sometimes my heart even ache when I saw the kid. Some kids can be very hyperactive, I won't use the word naughty, but I don't blame them because if I were to reflect how they were brought up, sometimes I just felt so sorry for them. What I can do for them in school is only 9am-4pm... I can give as much love as I can, as much scolding/advice as I can, but ... what a child desires the most is still the genuine love from HOME!

Anyway, back to the topic... this is me, always go round the bush before I reach the main point. Lol. Honestly, I miss all the kids in GRC. ALL of them left such a vivid memory in my mind, soul, body, heart..... Sometimes I will recall how they react/behave just to get your attention. Sometimes when you spend more attention to a particular student, the other one will get jealous and then quickly come near me. That feeling was so great.... I can draw kids! Hehehe.....
The pictures below were a grooming competition. I forgotten what function on that day was, but I still kept those pics in my HD. I believe they were all grown up teenagers now.... =)


Mr Tommy........ pity him, had to groom like a gal..

Pretty little Saskia, a mix of German + Indian....

Emily Chen.... she's the person that loves clean stuffs and a bit dirt on her skirt/pants, she will start screaming... especially during the Broga camp and she shouted/grumbled almost every seconds of her dirty pants/hair/body. Sometimes you will even laugh when you see her reacted that way.

This was the shy Mr Tommy..... lol. And Mr Fan was at the back, our GRC Principal. I learnt a lot thru him!

And this was Bryant Sum.... (Thanks Brenda for getting me right on this name.. hehe)
All the below pictures were the one I took on my last day in school. It left such a shock to all the students because of my 24 hours resignation. One of the supervisor suspected when I took out my camera and start snapping pics. I nearly shed my tears when she asked if I resigned, but I controlled and hold up my tears.

Me, Cayla and Shansha (I forgot her name and thanks to Miss Cath for reminding me).. hehe.

Shansha.. the pretty little young girl!

Cayla .... the mix of British + Indian... very cute little young girl and I used to force her to hug me when she reached school every morning. But she was too shy to hug me, so what I did was I grabbed her every morning, and gave her a nice hug! She will be struggling away, but I don't care. Hehehe.... But, on my last day at school, she automatically ran to me gave me a nice tight hug! Aww, I missed that moment and yeah, I missed her very much. I saw her during award's night last year and she has grown alot.

Wendy Ling.... how smal the world is! I was kinda surprised when I saw her sis fetching her home from school. I was like... Wern Wern, is this your sister?? And she said yes... wow, what a small small world! Didn't know that all the while I was teaching my friend's younger sis. She has nice smile, just like her sis and her hair is so smooth and silky! I like it...........
So, basically that was all about the GRC kids.... Aww, the memories that each of them gave me are still so vivid in my mind! I will try to get some more pics of them, especially the one at Broga Camp and also the pic how I made one of the students cry. Hahaha...
I MISS ALL OF THEM!!!! =(
HOPEFULLY THEY STILL REMEMBER ME AS MISS CARYSSE! LOLZ....

2 comments:

  1. i think Aunty Carysse is a better name..:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. sheep : some used to call me aunty carysse also. Haha.. but i always tell them, call me Miss, dun call me Aunty. Hahah..

    ReplyDelete