Sunday, September 6, 2009

Prawning in Action!

In my entire life, I've not been to fishing/prawning and I would love to try if I have the chance. On Friday, my hubby told me that his colleagues planned for a prawning session. I was like kinda excited and asked if he's joining, but he said No. Huh? NO? Such a fun activity but you didn't want to join. So, I asked him to quickly call his colleague and said we wanna join. Haha.. Last Sat, we headed to the prawning place. I thought the place would be at a nice lake, sit next to the lake and start prawning. But I was wrong. The place for prawning is in a shop! It's just opposite the Jusco and if you know where Fortune Steamboat is, the shop is just few doors away. Before we headed for prawning, we had our lunch at Restoran Bich Tien, Kepong.

Rice paper spring roll (Bi Chuan) RM3.60 for 6 pcs. This is definitely not for Mr Justin because he's not herbivor! He tasted one and that was it... the first and the last!
Pork Chop Noodle (Thit nguong Hu Tieu) - RM6.90. I only managed to eat 1/4 of the bowl because I was kinda full and the rest of the pork chop I gave to mr hub. Ok okla the taste... I still think the dry curry mee at All About Mee (PBD) tastes better.. =)

Pork & Egg stew with coconut juice Noodle (Thit Kho Hu Tieu) - Rm6.90. Hubby said this was not bad... so should trust his taste!
Sugarcane Prawns ( Thit Tom Cuon Mia) RM5 for 4 pcs. The meat is wrapped with sugarcane stick in the middle and it's so tasty to be chewed. This is worth trying... =)
Crispy Spring Roll (Chien Cha Gio) RM3.90 for 6 pcs.
This is how the back looks like.......

And all the drinks of the day!

After lunch, it was prawning time at Kolam Memancing Udang S.P.H and we paid RM30 for 2 hours for 1 person. In time is 1:03pm and out time is 3:03pm. 2 hours is the max and 1 hour for RM15. So, make sure you are skillful enough for prawning so that you make your money worth.

The bait...........

Brilly & Grace ...... waiting patiently for the strike!

Still.. no movement. And we were always being cheated with the false alarms! We thought there were prawns, but when we lifted up the rod, empty! Sigh........ this whole process lasted for 1 hour and we didn't manage to catch anything..
Look at Mr Hubby with the sad face. =( 2.30pm and yeah, we got half an hour more and our basket is still empty. The uncle that sat opposite of us almost every minute got a prawn! I wonder what kung fu he used and I think most of the prawns caught by him and we were left with nothing. Another uncle looked at us, so kesian and he *donated* one of his prawns to us. So good of him, but when Justin got over the prawn and wanted to put in the basket, the prawn accidentally jumped out and escaped again... Sigh. Now, zero prawn again!

After all the sighing... finally Brilly's bait got one fat prawn! And this was his first prawn, up to 2pm if I'm not wrong... haha.

And yeah... at 2.30pm, Justin got one more prawn. And at 2:45pm, another prawn! Great achievement thus far, at least we didn't go home empty handed. Haha....

3:03pm and that was all we had....... the catch for the day!
2 hours catch!!
Justin : 2 prawns by rod, 1 by hand, 2 donated by the uncle.
Brilly : 1 prawn by rod, 2 by hand and 1 by owner.
At least, we didn't go home empty handed. And if I have nothign to do in the weekend, I will definitely go again. These prawns were so precious and expensive, RM6 for 1 pc... But, there was still fun in it. Perhaps the 2nd time we will get more prawns?? Hehe...

We brought the prawns home and la la la .... it's time to cook!!!
This was how I cooked the prawns..... steamboat soup! The prawns were so fresh and tasty and juicy and sweety! I love it............. but they were expensive tho. I think fresh prawns should be cooked this way so that it remained the sweetness of it. If cooked with sweet sour or whatever, afraid that the tomato sos will cover the taste of the prawn. I'm not too sure, so I will not take risk because this is RM6 per pc! Damn expensive......

Fried fish & drummet to accompany with the prawn soup. That was what we had for dinner yesterday!! I wil go for fishing next time............... who wants to go with me? Hehehe...

2 comments:

  1. sz, those lunch u had seem like vietnamese food only..haha...i havent try b4 how to catch prawn le...since u expert d, next time teachteach ya.haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kakak....fishing lagi susah..nanti dont even have dinner..:P

    ReplyDelete