Sunday, August 23, 2009

Something to hope for after office hours!

After the long busy work at office, what do you wish to see/to have the most when you first reach home in the evening? A nice sofa to lie down to relax the bone and soul? or a nice shower with refreshing fruit shower gel from Body Shop? or a cutie little doggy wagging his tail welcoming you home? or your little kids calling mummy daddy and give you a nice hug? or a nice meal awaiting for you at home? Well, what I would love to see when I reach home is the content in the fridge! Of course I would love to hear my kids calling me mummy and give me a tight hug when I reached home, but tis still takes time. Hehe. It is always a suspend if there are any food present in the fridge awaiting for us to heat up and then mam mam. After the long hours whole day in office, tired and sleepy... of course it is always a bonus if you see there's something ready cooked in your fridge and you don't have to start from raw ingredients. What you need to do is just to heat up and then yumyum yum......

Usually when my MIL bought some food and sent it over to our house, she will drop us a SMS and said there's something in the fridge. When I saw that SMS, I was just so thankful for the meal that she bought and brought all the way from Banting - Damansara. Can you imagine that? The hardwork of buying and driving and then drive all the way back to Banting again. It isn't that near, about 1 hour of drive is still needed.

But last week, we all had a surprise when I saw something on the table. I remembered when I left home to office this morning, the dining table was cleared and I will make sure no remainder of food left on the table. Otherwise, it will be a breeding ground for cockroaches. So, I will always ensure home is clean! But that day, I saw a packet of food on the table. And I suspected it must be food from Banting! Yes!!! Before I rushed to the dining table, I opened the fridge and I saw a big pack of food..... wow, that feeling was just so awesome!!
And there was this small note on the fridge written by my MIL.... so cute rite. Haha.

This was the packet of food that I saw on the dining table.... from the main door. Fried cempedak.... so delicious.

And asam fish from Jit Yat Seng.... I've not been to Jit Yat Seng, Banting for almost 1mth I think and I miss the asam fish so much. I like their soy sauce steam fish also. And the teochew style steam fish from Yew Beng. I think Banting has good steam fish!!

This was my extra home steamed egg.... was a failure actually, the surface supposed to be smooth and silky, but look at this. Lolz.... pls don't laugh yea. I shouldn't have covered the cover fully without leaving some air.. that was why this happened!
Maybe I was too hungry at that time ------> Alasan. Hehehe.
Thank you so much my MIL for such a wonderful meal..... =)

4 comments:

  1. wah wah wah..wat a nice meal...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...your MIL is really nice la....so thoughtful of her...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CL : Nice leh... u wan? hehe.
    Canny : how to ajak u... u very busy wan ler.... eh, teach me how to make the layer cake leh...
    Sheep : Haha... yes!!! Really blesssed...... =)

    ReplyDelete