Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Oh my Lappy ~

After a long holiday last weekend and back to office on Tuesday, I was still in my holiday mood. I just don't feel like waking up on Tuesday morning after having a nice holiday back at hometown, waking up as late as 10am. Btw, not really a holiday tho, I was back to settle my marriage registration. Malaysia is not professional enough that registration can be done just anywhere in the state, but if you're from Sitiawan, then you must go back to the place where your IC was registered. They could just computerize everything and make things easier, but NO!! Ish ish ish....

Tuesday, 4th November 2008 - A history in my life! Eventhough I was so reluctant to wake up when the first alarm rang, but, due to reporting day/week, so... with enthusiasm in my heart and after a 4 days break, I woke up filled with energy and strength and enthusiasm to conquer the day! I dressed smartly and I was more than ready for work! I told myself, I need to reach office early to complete my report!
When I stepped into the office, I took out my laptop and made myself a cup of milo, added on some oats for a good heart. I'm not old la.. just need to have a better heart, cholesterol free heart! Haha.. I put my milo right in front of my laptop, and I saw one of my colleagues OC (an application like msn, but used within HP only) me asking for help. After replying, I then proceeded to my drawer to get my Activcard to login to the applications to generate report. Well, I just hope I could start my work earlier so that I will be free earlier!
But, who on earth knows that when I just got ready to login, my right hand accidentally hit the spoon in the cup and really unlucky enough, the whole cup of milo overturned and spilt right in front of my laptop!!!!!!!! I was stunned with the whole situation and really blank! I stared at my laptop for almost 10 seconds, not knowing wat to do. GOSH!!!! The whole laptop was flooded with milo, all the milo went in between the keypad leaving behind the oats on the keypad's surface. Furthermore, it's a new laptop recently changed from the 3 years recycle program. Then I called Justin how ar how ar how ar and he told me to shutdown and terbalikkan the laptop. So, I did as what he suggested and unfortunately, some of the milo were too stubborn.
At 9am, I quickly brought my lappy to the service center at ground floor, hopefully they could quickly remove the cover and clean the parts before the milo went into the motherboard or watever. Unfortunately, they were not able to perform the task unless I've logged a ticket, eventhough you're a HP staff. Aiks.. then I went back to my office, using my old laptop to log a ticket. I called the helpdesk, waited on hold for almost 15 mins and then only my call was picked up. The helpdesk gal said she will log a ticket for me, and she cannot even confirm when the technician will come to service my laptop. She promised me by end of today. END OF TODAY?? By end of today my laptop will be totally damanged la. Then, I went to the GET IT webpage to chat with one of the support team. He then helped me to log a ticket AGAIN and gave me the ticket ID, told me to send it to the service center straight. This sounds better, rather than I blindly and bodohly wait for the technician to come, anytime in the day. He can even come at 11:59PM rite, still end of the day. T_T
After that I sent my laptop to the service center and told them to prioritize this laptop because inside were all milo. The service center guy told me this, "Sorry, still the damaged has been done. You still need to wait 2-3 days." Huh????????!!!!!!!! Maybe you should learn how to separate between urgent and not urgent tasks! But, you shouldn't say like this to your customers nyway, learn how to comfort your frustrated and emo customer! Right?? Anyhow, still thank God that at 3pm, the service center technician called me and asked whether I have important files in my hardisk so that I can quickly backup all the data before the hard disk goes crazy. And he said, my hardisk loves milo. Hardisk was covered with milo! @.@ Haih.. from here you know how much you need to pay for the change of parts. Right??? Even hardisk was covered with milo, what else that can be free from milo? Sigh...............
I emailed my manager, better tell him earlier to prepare him before the bill comes. I was expecting a kind reminder or watever from him, but surprisingly, he was way too good that I realy can't believe. He replied my email and said, "Not an issue..." Wow, not an issue???????? You're realy good leh, I was expecting for some scolding or reminder actually.. haha. Thank GOD!!! I was supposed to start my report early and who knows ended up in tis...sigh.
Wow, really a long post to express my so called UNLUCKY DAY. Let's continue...... so, on 5th November, the service center called me again, said that four parts of the laptop needed to be changed. And total cost is RM2600. I was like huh??? So expensive? Better get new laptop then..... OMG, will my manager approve for this?? When comes to money thingy, managers will never approve easily. T_______________T

I walked all the way down to my manager's cubicle, behind of mine, and put on a pity pathetic face. I told him the whole situation and said the total cost might be RM2k ++. But staffs can get 30%. I can see that he swallowed his saliva, thinking hard and asked whether is a new or old laptop. My answer is new, just changed few months back. I just couldn't want to think what he will say about this, and finally he said, "No choice lo, since is a new laptop. Just send me the quotation and I will approve." WAHHHHHHHHH again!!!! He's toooooo goood la. Not even a word of reminder like "Next time, drink your milo in the pantry" or "Next time, milo put far far away" or "No more next time". Hmm.. do you have a good manager like this? Then I went back to my seat and quickly forward him the quotation with big smile in my heart =)
Finally, everything is settled and I'm now waiting for the parts to be replaced and can't wait to get back my laptop!!! Miss you sooo much......


Btw, this is my laptop. 6510b........ hehehehe.
THE END of my long post. Thanks for reading!!! Learn from my mistakes yea, don't put your drinks near your laptop....

4 comments:

  1. omg..your story..so meng-kancheong kan....phew...
    praise God!! God's favour indeed...hahaha..

    so...NEXT TIME...DRINK YOUR MILO ELSEWHERE!

    muahahahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. gerald, lucky enough this is not my home laptop, otherwise, broke man. Better throw the whole machine away. hahaha. Yea, really thank God, usually will get scolding from boss wan, but I didnt even receive a word from him! Learn from this lesson yea, drink milo far far far away!!!! Hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Sz, wahaha, u really got a great boss...praise god....next time remember to put ur drinks into ur mouth then jus start work lo..haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha... great rite. Wanna join me then? hehehe. milo hot ma, so hav to leave it to cool down first before I can put it in my mouth.. later the whole mouth burn leh. hahaha.. =D

    ReplyDelete