Thursday, July 9, 2015

Mommy Mommy, I love you !

The clock ticked 8pm. It was towards the end of a hectic day. I just couldn't wait to hide under the cozy comforter, in a full blast 16degrees air-conditioning room with the mode Powerful. I was about to raise my voice "Clean up and keep all the toys!" and suddenly, I heard a soft voice singing "Mommy, Mommy I love you.. Mommy, Mommy I love youuuuu... " It was the little boy. He composed his own tune and he sang Mommy Mommy I love you while he was sitting and playing on the couch. I paused for a moment and savour in what he was singing, my heart smiled! A huge grin was printed on my face, beaming with joy. After a full hectic day {washing, cooking, picking up the same toys over and over again, wiping, etc}, a simple song like this meant so much to me. At that time, I just felt like my heart was going to explode with joy. I kept smiling and smiling throughout that whole night. I felt so good and happy!

I'm still in the process of weaning him from breastfeeding and it seems so hard. You know, how can you resist when that sweet soft voice calling out to you, "Mommy, I want mommy's milk milk. Please." "Mommy's milk milk please". The word please itself is already heartbreaking. He needs the natural pacifier before he sleeps, and when he gets impatient {why still no mommy's milk milk} he would scream and kick the roof down. I heard of many tips like applying some bitter gourd / lemon / cili, some even apply minyak cap kapak {gosh, this is not edible, how can you do that?}, but I feel that those methods are like torturing him. I just couldn't make myself to do that. Imagine you like to drink orange juice and someone says you should stop drinking and when you are so addictive to it, they secretly add in cili into your orange juice so that the bad experience will make you stop drinking orange juice. How do you feel?

I hope as we gradually decrease the sessions, very soon he will wean himself. I just don't want to play any tricks to make him stop drinking. All I want is he weans himself and I will feel much better that way. Wish us luck =)


How can you resist this charming smile that sings the song Mommy Mommy I love you out from the bottom of his heart, and that captivating smile that says I want mommy's milk milk, please. You know, those words are explosive! Explosions of love!

0 comments:

Post a Comment