Sunday, June 30, 2013

Ashlynn - 21 months!

My baby girl is growing so fast and 3 more months, she will be celebrating her BIG 2! It is quite difficult for me to keep up with what she's doing lately because every day, she surprises me with NEW things! One morning, she talks more. The next day, she does something extra. And the following day, she acts differently. Her little teeny tiny actions never fails to put a huge smile on my face.

Ashlynn...

This is what you have been up lately.. at the age of 21 months. And, I'm loving every beat and moment of it. Because time flies. And I cannot go back to the previous days. So, I'm savoring each moment. Digesting them bit by bit.

You know what? I just love to watch you Dance. Yes, dance! I didn't teach you. No one teaches you how to jump and swirl around or even tip toed like a ballerina. Where did you learn it? I don't know. But you are creative. You dance to every songs, and your favorite TV shows are Barney and Hi5. You learned a lot from both shows, especially your dancing skills, actions and English. At this age, I'm really impressed with the number of words you know, and now.. you are learning to speak 3 words at a go. Like Let Me Go... Catch A Ball... Sit up... a lot more. Forgive me for my short memory. I should start documenting every time you say something new. Because. It's your achievement! The moment I heard it, my eyes stared at you , asked you to repeat and there you go, start giggling! A happy giggle! Haha!


You love your little brother. Whenever you see your brother, you go next to him, you say sai (sayang) and you stroke his hair, sometimes you even pull his tiny hair and he will go ngeekkk. Haha. And you kiss his tiny feets, you touch his little fingers and you love to point to his eyes and say eyes.. then nose.. and ears. Even though at times you wanted to be carried when you see us carrying your brother, and I've tried my best to carry both your brother and you together, but I failed. My arms couldn't take it. I've tried. I just don't have the energy to lift you up with my right hand when your brother is already on my left hand. You might be wondering... why. But as you grow up and when you read this, both papa and mama love you the same. Our love towards you never change.. but we could say that we love you EVEN more.


Let's talk about sleep. You were so used to me putting and accompanying you till you sleep, but ever since your brother was born, your daddy has been putting you to sleep. Thank you for adjusting well. You adapt really well and fast! And when I hear both of you and your daddy giggles or chuckles or have a little playtime before sleeping, I feel like joining both of you from the other room. I miss sleeping with you. And I really miss waking up in the middle of the night to a sweet little cutie pie, lying next to me! I just can't wait for the day when your brother sleeps through the night, we will all picnic in one room! And... it's going to be more FUN! More chuckles! More giggles! And I foresee, sleeping time will take longer than usual................. :p

And now we talk about your friends! You have 4 friends (Jason kor kor, Claire jie jie, Isabel mei mei and Jayden kor kor) and your best friend, Isabel and you learn a lot from them. You learn how to share your toys. You learn how to speak. You learn how to act. You learn how to interact. You learn a lot! And we are happy that you are happy when you are at the sitters'. You love playing with Bel so much that one fine day, you called for Bel and you said Bel, share share in your dream. Guess you might have trouble getting the toys you want from Bel. Me and papa looked at each other, and we couldn't help but laugh. You see, you never fail to make us laugh and smile.

I have a lot more to write, but I know I am missing out on so much more, but again, I will keep these updates coming. And I know I have slacked in writing your developments, documenting your milestones. So, I will keep more posts coming in. All about you and all about your little brother. I even printed them out and I hope to get an album for all these, that 10-20 years later, you can read back all about your childhood days. I have no intention of stopping to write and blog. Even though with so little time for the day. And I choose not to sleep but write with the little free time I have, because all these are worth remembering.

It's my way of holding tightly on all these precious priceless moments and milestones. And as I write, I smiled!

We are blessed with both of you and we love you both very very much! And both of you make our life complete!

2 comments:

  1. About the 'dukung' part, i have to get use to it. I hv to carry both of them sometimes (macam body builder pulak jadi nyer..:-)). And, Pearl Cafe Kacip Fatimah is a must-drink for me (not everyday), just to boost up my energy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Effiza.. didn't know you also encounter the same. Guess we all mommies have to go thru this. I tried to lift her from the floor but couldnt. Quite risky... i think i need energy booster also. At the end of the day.. I'm flat. haha

    ReplyDelete