Sunday, April 26, 2009

Restoran Hock Lee @ Jalan Batai

This restaurant has always been my regular place for lunch. Whenever I decided to go out for lunch, this will definitely be the place and not PBD or HP Canteen or EnC or UOA or wherever, but Jalan Batai (opposite of PBD). To reach here, there's no shuttle bus provided, so... you have to endure the burning sun and walk all the way from HP Towers to Jalan Batai. It isn't that far, but bring plenty of tissues/towel to wipe off all your sweat due to the extreme weather in Malaysia.
This is the best wantan mee in town.. but I just don't fancy wantan mee. To me, all wantan mee is just a wantan mee and I hardly order this meal. My colleague was first time here and she said "This is what we called LUNCH". Hahahaha.....


Oh Yea.... this is my favorite. Fish Paste Noodle.... Delicious! Usually I don't order this because of the milky taste (I don't like milk), but this stall offers a very delicious fish paste noodle, eventhough he added milk, but no milk taste. Yummy!


And finally, Siew Yoke! This is the best siew yoke in town I can say... The skin is really crispy and the meat is so tender and juicy... blog bout this also makes me hungry already.. ~

There's one more food that is very delicious is their pork ball noodle. If you're working at Damansara Heights, opt for this hawker stalls. Better be early, as early as 11.45am because the place will be filled up by 12pm.

5 comments:

  1. I long long time never eat wantan mee already! hehe! eh my day off are tuesday and wednesday ler.. when free find me makan la!

    ReplyDelete
  2. u dont like wantan mee???just curious why??

    im going back ipoh for my siew yoke intake this week....wooohooooooooo.......!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanx u sz for uploading food agian...tis week i work 3 days n going to sapa isalnd in vietnam..so not that bad...next week i work 4 day n i will head home for foood.....but is short trip in malaysia....so may b don have much time to hunt all my fav..but i think i will go for crab...:p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Canny : come Jalan Batai, I bring you makan wantan mee.. haha.

    sheep : Ipoh got nice siew yoke? Tapao for me, then deliver to puncak damansara.. ok? hahaha... so this weekend u wont be around lo...I don't really like wantan mee, cause it's just made of mee and kicap and wantan and char siew, tat's all... don't look appetizing. haha

    CL : You're welcome! I still have lots more to post, but slowly la.. I'll post during lunch/dinner time,so dun forget to view during tat time yea.. hehe. Your farewell u had crab and now, going for crab again? I so long never eat crab liau .. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah yea...sz..tis day crazy for crab la...of coz go there jus main order...small portion...with 4 adult n 1 children...can order many dy...havent plan wat to u this time when i back...scare like last trip food poisoning n everything out of plan..:)..haha..i will only view ur blog 11 onwards...

    ReplyDelete