Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Homemade Nasi Lemak

Suddenly the word "Nasi Lemak" just came into my mind and since I've not tried cooking this before, why don't I try! My nasi lemak is very simple, no sambal and cucumber but I replaced it with ayam masak merah, which I got the recipe from Ieta and my hubby loves it so much. Since I started to cook ayam masak merah, he didn't request for curry chicken anymore. But, it's always ayam masak merah.

Nasi lemak... a bit failed, cause my first time cooking this. The rice was a bit hard, perhaps I should add more santan & water. Usually they will bring this to boil, but I don't dare to use the rice cooker pot and put it on the stove because of the coating. So I just mixed chopped onion, santan, water, some ginger, a pinch of salt and pandan leaves and put in the rice cooker to cook. Tastes ok, just that lack of water. First time ma rite... hehe.
Hard boiled eggs....
Ayam masak merah ~ Thanks to Ieta for sharing this. I fell in love with this when she shared her ayam masak merah during her team meeting. Awesome! It's very simple as well. Blend chillies, onions, garlics, serai, bunga kantan together and add some oil & water while blending. Then fry the sambal until fragrant, put in the chicken and add some santan. Add salt to taste. If you prefer dry style, dun add any water until the santan dries up and then slowly add bit by bit. Otherwise it will turn out to be curry chicken instead of dry style ayam masak merah. Cook with low fire until the chicken is cook and the water dries up. This is what always happened when I wanted to cook rendang, but became curry chicken instead. LOL.

2 comments:

  1. Now we know Justin is always well-fed... and he needs to go on your cross trainer machine to keep his weight maintained... hehehehe

    if not, macam kevin's big tummy ...growing bigger each day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. BABI Sial!!! HAHAHA...You girls ejek me ah.. :D
    but true la...my tummy is growing on daily basis...sob..sob

    ReplyDelete