Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Bride grabbing and tea ceremony @ 27 Dec 2008

Last year indeed was a hectic year, started to get busy from Feb08 itself after we set the date and also agreement between two families. Wow, got proposed during CNY 08 and wasn't it great? Then both families sat down and discussed the date, venue and what were the things should we get. The feeling was so great! This sweet memory was still so fresh in my mind and I do miss the excitement of getting married. It was just so thrilling, amazing and awesome... but, marriage is only once in a lifetime and well, the next ceremony will be our 10 years anniversary. Oh, at that time can I wear the same SIZE of wedding gown again? I wish to, but God knows everything. Please pray for me to stay slim forever and ever k... kekekeke.

The first event of the day started with Bride Grabbing session at Crystal Crown Hotel, Klang, the common culture in Chinese weddings. Groom is not allowed to meet the bride the day before the wedding day (but we didn't follow this culture, hehe) and then the next morning, the groom will come with the wedding car, horn as long and as loud as possible, telling the bride that the prince charming is arrving. Later on, the groom and his heng tais (brothers) have to go through season of torturing by the bride's ji muis (sisters) before he gets to kiss his bride! So, that's what we call bride grabbing session. Isn't that fun? Hahaha.....


I was actually doing my make up and then received call from my over the sea friend, all the way from US. So shock when I received that call and he did remember our wedding eventhough he was enjoying himself in the States. Thanks to Hin Loong for being part of this wedding eventhough your soul is over the sea. Haha...


Finished make up and now proceed with the hairdo....My makeup artist was Amelia and she was strongly recommended to everyone, good in makeup and really excellent in hairdo! You'll definitely love her talent. Please let me know if you want her contacts.. hehe. =)


And look at the army of ji mui's that I have... wahahahaha. Be prepared yea all the heng dai's! Girls can be very evil when they have tooo..... hehehehe.


Grace Ong was my wedding planner with Gerald Ho. And she planned all the wonderful torturing games for the bride grabbing. Thanks to you so much, you were really good in games!


So many Roles to go... pity the brothers. Grace was busy explaining the tactics to torture the guys... Keep it up gurls! Gurls Rule!!


Oh yea...... everyone was prepared!


And finally, the groom arrived with his dad's Harrier. My uncle was so funny that he asked me what was our wedding car's number plate and he wanted to get TOTO.... Lolz, 8029 was the lucky number since it was our wedding car? Hahaha...


The groom waited in the car for one small boy to open the door and everything that other ppl do for you, they will receive angpow. So, those who wanna get married, prepare lotsa angpows yea... haha.


The heng tai's waited and waited for the small boy to arrive before he can get out from the car... According to them, they waited for almost 10 mins... so kesian.


Finally, Eugene the len cai kid, one of my cousin appeared! Lucky la you, get so many angpows for the day... =D

Angpow kasi satu sebelum keluar.... =P


The groom and with all his kaki-s... Well, quantity did not count and what matter was the QUALITY of the girls... wohoo!! The steps to torture and stress will begin very soon...


Kambateh girls...... can you see all the evil grins?


Game 1 : Ouch... Ouch! The hairless guy will win the point...haha.


And next game, pill passing through mouth... yucks. But seems like they enjoyed it... hahaha.


Oh Justin, remember, the person u were passing pil to was not Carysse Hong ok.... and Vignath standing with dissatisfied face. Looks jealous.. =P Justin said, "Never felt this gay before". Hahaha.


The next game.... Convert the song STAND BY ME to BM. So many years they left highschool and since then, no BM in their life except for Berita Terkini, TV3. Not bad that they can still come out with the translation.. Credit to Kevin and Joshua.

English : So Darling darling stand by me stand by me... ohh.. stand... oh stand by me!
BM : Jadi laling laling diri tepi ku diri tepi ku....ohh...diri...oh diri tepi ku!!


The following one..... shake butt 1, 2, 3.... slim and tight and low cut diapers... hahahaha. FYI, the remaining diapers were still at my house! Anyone want???


Grace: What was Carysse's birth time?
Justin: 11.45am!! (confidently)
Grace and Ji Muis: WRONG!!!!!!!
Justin: *Stunt* Cannot be wor...I'm very very very sure that she was born at 11.45am leh..
Grace: No No No No...It's wrong according to the information provided by Carysse. The correct answer is 11:40am!!
Sunny: Can lah, Malaysian time mah...by the time the doctor recorded it was 5 minutes later...
Justin: 11.40am??? *^&#@@*(%&* ...cannot be ah...I've double checked and confirmed that the birth time is 11.45am!! I've seen the birth cert with my own eyes 3 times!

It was actually my mistake that I mistaken with my own birth time... sorry guys! Hahahaha.


The battle was finished and the groom, don't care liau la..CHONG AH!! I want to see my bride!!
Justin : If don't wanna let us in somemore, we go bah kut teh as suggested by Sunny.
Girls : No No, break this boundary before you can get in...

The fun part was I actually hid in another room and the guys + groom got cheated and went to my original room. Couldn't find the bride, he looked disappointed. Where's my bride?? And yeah, one of my jimui betrayed the gang and told him my hiding palace! Lolz... hahahaha. Should have hid in another floor, guarantee the fun will be more...


Justin shouting at the door,
I love you!! Wo Ai Ni...Te amo...ai shiteru ..Mahal Kita..Naan Unnai Kadhalikiren ..Jag a"lskar dig...Saya cintakan awak...don't play liao lah...I give up to you...hahahahaha. The last sentence, I GIVE UP TO YOU, sounds soooo good! =D


And finally, the fun was over. Pity me, I actually had to peep through the door because I can't go out and enjoy the fun. Haha... After bride grabbing, the next culture ceremony will be tea ceremony to my parents, grandparents, aunties, uncles and then collect angpow from them. That was the best part of wedding... hehe.


The kids waiting patiently with their eyes focused on my stack of angpows $$$$$$$


Tea for my parents....


Tea for my grandparents... love them so much! And I miss them... T__T


Manager Wei ... he was so small, only standard 5 this year and yet he was so brilliant! He acted like a manager instructing all my ring bearers and flowergirls to gather and be prepared. Well, he will definitely be a successful man! Miss you too.... T__T *Miss all them deeply that I felt like want to cry now*


My eldest bro, Alex....
My aunty said : Wah, kor kor (brother) received angpow from mei mei (sister).
Hahaha... so funny, I was actually the youngest in the family and got married first.


My 2nd bro, Jen Seng... when is ur turn la... not sure if I can still collect angpow.


Family portrait! The most memorable picture of the whole life!!


Wow, we were just like a superstar.. yohoooooo!


Picture with all my ji mui's ... well done girls!


And finally, everyone who attended the bride grabbing session. Thanks for being part of our lives and without you all, there won't be any bride grabbing sessions. Thanks for all the sporting-ness and fun-ness in you all!!


Next agenda : Heading to Banting, hubby's house for the next tea ceremony, guy's side!
Let's see next what were the headlights again..... hehehe.

5 comments:

  1. it still dawned to me as a nightmare....*sobs with tissue at hand*

    LOL.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stil got a vivid memory haha! It was a lovely day~~~~ SWEET!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheep : Haha... wat nightmare, you hardly got chance to be part of this. So, treasure it.. hahaha

    Canny : Yea, really a lovely day because you were there too! You made my day....

    Emily : Don't envy la, invite me when your turn come yea... hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss every single moment of the bride grabbing session....

    Man.... i will make sure i get proper wax strips next time....

    ReplyDelete