Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Yell Less , Love More - Achievement #1

I've created a new hashtag in my blog called "Yell Less, Love More" mainly for the purpose to constantly remind myself this hashtag does exist and I'm working towards the goal to yell less and love more at home.

Last night was a win. I managed to hold my breath and I didn't yell. You might think this mom yells everyday, all the time. Well, I have one growing up toddler at home that still learning how to express herself whenever she's not happy. So, looking at it positively, she's growing up, she does not live life before and whenever things didn't go her way, she gets upset. True enough, we as adult get upset too whenever we didn't get what we want. We get emotional, but, we are matured enough to know how to control our emotion.

You know, this little girl of mine.. is the sweetest of all, whenever she's HAPPY. She's the prettiest among all, whenever she casts a big SMILE on her face. She's a heart breaker when she's on cloud nine. And because of this, I'm working towards this goal of mine, that I want her to be happy all the time, to carry a big smile wherever she goes and most importantly, tons of happy memories for her to remember down the memory lane. I wouldn't spoil her by achieving this goal, but the little goal that I set is to be stern yet loving. And, yelling is not the case.

It's not easy. But last night was my first achievement of "Yell Less, Love More". The result of it, she went to sleep happily. And the whole night, she was one happy lively bub. She chuckled, she smiled, she called "Mama" and "Papa" with a happy tone. The most important, the entire atmosphere at home is so SWEET and CHEERFUL. And this morning, she woke up with a smile. How much I desire for this, everyday. And all these smiles and happiness, lie in our hands, as parents. That, we should make it a point to Yell Less and Love More.

Let's work it out for our children, that everyday, they wake up with a sweet smile, looking forward to a happy day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment