Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Chocolate Marble Butter Cake!

The butter that I bought is going to expire and thus, I was busy looking for recipe that will just use up the 250gm of butter. I know it's fattening, we felt really guilty after finishing the cake in 3 days and so, the next week (which is also this week) is known as exercise week! Burn, Fat, Burn!!

Just realized that the cocoa powder finished and no choice, I had to use milo and added some coffeemix. Also, chocolate chips expiring soon, so dump in some as well. This is for the top layer, cocoa. Too bad, it wasn't dark enough due to the milo and not cocoa powder.

The pure butter batter.... for the bottom layer.

And then pour the chocolate batter on top of the pure butter batter.

Bake it!!!

And it turned out to be like this......... should have added more chocolate chips because it tastes really good when you bite on the crunchy chocolate chips! Awesome...........

Well, this was the greatest butter cake that I've ever made because Justin loves this so much that I had to told him, stop stop. Otherwise you can't have your dinner. And he kept on praise this butter cake! And.... the praises made me want to bake more! Also equivalent to more fat coming in. Perhaps I should start looking for 0% cholesterol butter which will be quite pricey I guess.

Here's the recipe that I copied from Nasi Lemak Lover blog. Thanks so much for sharing!

250g butter
160g sugar
4 eggs
250g cake flour
1tsp vanilla essence
2tsp of double action baking powder
4tbsp milk
2tbsp cocoa powder and ½ tsp coffee powder mix with 3tbsp hot water

1. Sift cake flour and baking powder in a bowl.
2. Beat butter with the sugar until pale and fluffy.
3. Add in egg one at a time, add in vanilla, mixing well.
4. Fold in flour and milk, combine well.
5. Mix ½ portion of cake mixture with cocoa mixture.
6. Pour cake mixture into cake tin and follow by cocoa cake mixture.
7. Bake in pre-heated oven at 180C for 30mins or skewer came out clean.

2 comments:

  1. ooh..so that's how they make butter marble cake.....i always wondered how there seems to be two layers..mmm...

    0% cholestrol?? THat'll be more like whole oats cake...:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I baked before. And I couldn't stop eating my own cake. I ended up being so fat at the end of the week! LOL!

    ReplyDelete