Monday, February 27, 2012

Sewing skills

My last sewing sessions were during secondary schools and at that time, I just love to sew. Sometimes I will try to dig my mom's cloth collections, stole some of the remainder cloths and start sewing a pillow or bolster case for my own. Luckily she didn't scold me for "stealing" those cloths. Hehe... Now, I got a mission to do, which is to sew a casing for Ashlynn's cot bumper and also her one set of pillow and bolsters case. I've not touched a sewing machine for so long and it took me about 10mins to figure out how to operate everything.

 
Bought this cloth from Nagoya, and I chose the cheapest cloth, RM2.50 per meter. Otherwise, the next cheapest could be RM9 per meter. So, what do you say? Since it's only a cot bumper casing... moreover, it will be fixed at babysitter's house, and not at home. Don't have to look really good right? We decided to fix the cot bumper on the baby's cot because sometimes, her legs got stuck in between rails and sometimes, she knocks her head on the rail. Ouchh.... I understand that it's not safe, but we got no choice.
This is how the cot bumper looks like, without the casing. Very nice color, but we decided to fix a casing on it, for washing sake.
The end product! =)
 
Next mission, to sew a set of pillow and bolsters casing for the sweetie. This time, we bought a slightly expensive cloth, since we will be using it at home and she will be sleeping on the pillow, so it is important to get a better quality of cloth. We bought this nice polka dot cloth which cost RM12.80 per meter with 20% discount per meter. Total of 1.5 meter cost us RM15.

Next mission, to sew casing for our beloved po-ang from Ikea. Just need some time to go Nagoya and get nice design of cloth again. I need time.... but where to find time? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment