Sunday, February 12, 2012

My honeymoon ended in a glimpse of an eye....

It is finally announced that I have lost my privilege of working permanently on early shift. All back to the same old days, rotation of 7am-4.30pm and 8.30am-6pm work. Begging against the golden rule and willing to work extra hours if needed, but receive a disappointed answer. Maybe wu lang bo song kua, kuang wa ti ti zhou zha. So yi ma zhap zhap liam lo. Now, with baby Ashlynn around, the 8.30am work is really a not good shift.

10 reasons why I REALLY dislike 8.30am shift :

1) I have to wake up early but go back late. If you know the road condition at Jalan Ampang/Jalan Tun Razak after 7.30am, you will sigh and fuss along the way. So, to avoid the hassle bussle city jam, we usually leave home at 6.45am to drop Ashlynn at babysitter and then off to work, to avoid the crazy jam. If we leave home late, we will spend more petrol and time on the road, and makes no difference by leaving early or late. To leave home at 6.45am, I have to wake up as early as 5.30am latest to pump and prepare myself for work. So, my working look now is horrible, I seriously look like old aunty with my hair tied up, simple office wear, shirt and pants... all because I'm tired; I wake up early to pump and not to make up and with the only 10 mins left for me to quickly change before we head to work. Work ends at 6pm, 20mins walk to KLCC lrt, 20-30mins from KLCC to Sri Rampai including waiting time, 10-15 mins from train station to home by taxi. Finally, reach home at 7+pm. @.@

2) I have lesser sleep and rest... by the time I got home at 7+pm, I'm already super exhausted, I bath, have dinner (sometimes have to cook dinner), settle house works, pump, pray, get Ashlynn ready for bed and settle everything, it's already 12am. If unlucky, 1am. Sometimes in the middle of night, some small noise from Ashlynn will wake me up and I will have a peek on her.

3) I have so much lesser time with Ashlynn..... the timetable above explains it all! =(

4) If I'm unlucky and Justin got escalation in the morning, I have to send Ashlynn to babysitter -> Drive home to park back the car -> take taxi to LRT -> Sri Rampai to KLCC -> walk to office. 8.30am -6pm I WILL not drive, especially with the crazy jam and sometimes crazy unreasonable drivers and with me being scary cat only keep driving in one lane and don't dare to zig zag on the road. I was trapped in the crazy Jalan Ampang jam once for 2 hours due to rain. Conclusion, better take lrt if LRT does not have any technical issue. So, keep my fingers crossed, escalations only come in after we both reach office!

5) My fuses are extra short on this shift!

6) I look like zombie at work, and yawn most of the time and the head is heavy. Eyes can barely open, watery eyes. =.=

7) I have to walk to LRT with the pump, cooler bag, umbrella, etc..... it's not light. And keep the fingers crossed again, no RAIN!

8) No life... wake up early, reach home late, settle house works, then sleep...

9) Cannot fetch Ashlynn back from babysitter's house.

Lastly, I seriously hate the jam of the late shift, I hate to walk to the train station and also I hate it when I have lesser time with my family! I don't like! But I got no choice! 3 more years before my car loan ends and I have a lot of plans in mind what to do 3 years later. My honeymoon of going back early from work ended just like that, what a drastic change and I need to readjust to a new routine again, especially the lil one. The poor baby has to follow the unexpected schedule of her parents... And the lil girl can only see her momma after 7pm.... And the poor momma got a lesser time spend with the hub and baby.... Thus, the momma is very demotivated! The momma got no more enthusiasm for work! Can someone kindhearted offer this poor momma a work from home job? Can some good samaritan encourage and boost up the spirit of excellence in this sad momma?

0 comments:

Post a Comment