Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Homemade chicken essence

My little boy is considered as a picky eater. I have to squeeze my brain or sometimes I just have to use force to make him finish of his food. Else he says "I don't want already. Full already." 😂 The worst is he can sit on the high chair for 1 hour plus just to finish a small bowl of rice. I just wish he has a big appetite, a big love for food just like his big sister. Till today, he only has few favorite foods. Roti canai. Cheese. Anything with strawberry. Anything orange. Soup. Vege except potatoes. Fish. And some other unhealthy food like biscuits, chocolates. No matter how much I feed him, his weight maintained at 11+ kg @ 3yo. We're a little worried about his growth. I just hope that he can put on more weight and he has a big appetite and he loves food. 

I started to google on how to increase appetite in children. One of the ways is to exercise. And no TV while eating. Feed small portion but frequently. With one small baby in hand, I hardly have that time sit down and feed him every two hours. I just have to squeeze out that time and multi-task! 

And suddenly I remember about chicken essence. Since he dislikes chewing chicken/meat,I shall make him chicken essence once a week. Hopefully it helps with his growth and he'll grow up strong. 

 
My MIL bought for me this cookware and I'm beginning to love it. All I need is to place the smashed kampung chicken on top and the golden essence will drop bit by bit from the hole. I set the timer for 5 hours so that the chicken is double boiled as long as possible.

 
The smashed black kampung chicken. I almost vomited when I did this.. haha.
 
After 5 hours.. here's the goodness! The golden soup. A concentrated chicken soup.

I plan to do this every week and hopefully it helps him to gain weight, the much needed weight before he goes to preschool next year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment