Thursday, June 25, 2015

Making Garbage Enzyme from Citrus Skin

We make fruit and vege juice every day, without fail.. thus, we have lots of pulps and fruit skins. It's such a waste to throw them just like that. The pulp you can use to make a good compose, but we didn't. If I have a big backyard, I would buried those pulps and let it become a natural fertilizer. For the citrus skin like grapefruit / orange / lemon / lime, I decided to make garbage enzyme which is as easy as ABC. Only three ingredients needed to make the below enzyme : brown sugar, citrus skin and water. That's all. Easy, isn't it ?


Follow the steps from this website for step by steps instructions on the amount of brown sugar, water or citrus skin that you should use.

If everything goes well with the enzyme, after 3 months I can stop buying floor detergent. I can use this enzyme to mop the floor, to wash the toilet etc. And guess my whole house will smell so rich in orange flavor. So, keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well, no yucky worms coming out. Hehe.

Making this enzyme is like brewing wine, the longer the better. =D

0 comments:

Post a Comment