Tuesday, June 2, 2015

A short getaway to Malacca

A short getaway is much needed for me, ever since I stopped work. To keep myself sane. You know, I love talking, joking, laughing with my friends. Stopping work is like totally shut down a part of my personality. Sometimes I feel lonely at home. Now, I have a clearer picture why my SAHM Aunty can talk nonstop whenever we pay them a visit. She can literally talk for few hours, non-stop! All because she's always alone with the kids. Her hubby is working overseas. Now, I feel her. I understand her. Talking with kids and talking with adults are two different things. Of course, I love talking with my children. But, these two things are totally different. 

So. A short trip for the family is something I have been longing for. I just want to get out from the house and see the world! It's not easy though, especially when I'm not working and we have to come out with a big sum of money. Even though it's just local, but hotels aren't cheap. It's not like we can go for holidays anywhere, anytime we like. Budgeting is very important. And if we get to go one, we make sure every seconds are worth it. Quality family time!

Malacca is the best place to go, good food, we can drive and don't have to fly, therefore, we only need to pay for hotel and food. I miss chicken rice ball! *No picture taken because we takeaway instead of dine in due to the huge crowd*

This is a must to visit when you're in Malacca.
 Trishaw ride is so tempting especially when you have to carry your 2yo and a baby bag. But, it's expensive. We decided to walk back in the end.

Dinner, we queued up for 1 hour 30 minutes for Makko Restaurant. It's true that don't ever visit Malacca during school holidays. But that's our only free time since Jie Jie starts her school. We wasted so much time just to queue up for this food. And we will never do this again. At least, the food is good!

Makko Nyonya Restaurant






Portuguese Settlement


We went to the first stall No.1. A nice environment to dine in, romantic? A little. Nice sunset view, if you're lucky to catch one.
 






Nadeje Mille Crepe



We all had so much fun. Especially the kids. They get to swim, eat and play! We're definitely looking for more family holidays!

Thank you Hubby for organizing this trip.
Thank you little children for being such a champ during the car ride, during the entire trip!

I love Holidays!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment