Monday, October 7, 2013

One More Year


...The hubby finishes his Masters, moving up to the next level.
...Ashlynn is getting ready for kindergarten .
...Daniel is 1 year plus, entering into toddlerhood.
...And me... I get back my sleep.

Literally, I do not know what one year later unfolds. Those above are all that I envisioned what one year later brings me and my family. All that I know, time is moving by pretty fast. Sometimes I just couldn't catch back with what the day has got hold on me. At the end of the day, I lie down, close my eyes and before I could reflect back my day, I was fast asleep.

I constantly remind myself to slow down and enjoy my babies, while they are still babies. And enjoy my husband while we are still young and fit. But most of the times, whenever I wanted to slow down, I remember those bottles that are still lying in the sink, those clothes that are all over the bed not fold, those sticky floor, etc.... And I get up, get those things done .. AND I never ever learn to slow down. I do not know how, there are just many things calling me, following after me.. "Please clean me".

Well, one year later.. I do not want to regret for not enjoying my babies. They are growing up too fast.. and I believe, next year, I will miss Daniel's baby moments. I will miss Ashlynn's learning-to-talk moments. As I watch my babies grow, I know that I really need to slow down and enjoy every seconds I can with them. Forget about those unwashed bottles, laundry, washing, cleaning etc.. those things can wait. All I need to do is to lie down and sit with them, watch them grow and re-learning life with them. Well, my children do not need a super clean house, but they need me to be by their side, learning and growing up together.

And today, I'm learning .... learning to slow down and enjoy my babies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment