Friday, December 11, 2009

Golden Yummy Enoki Bacon!

As mentioned previously during my visit to Cagayan at Centrepoint, I would like to try on my homemade bacon maki. When I first had bacon maki at Cagayan, I told Justin these look pretty simple to cook and taste really good! A bonus point for a working wife like me that most of the time I will cook after work. That's the reason why I always make sure I completed my task by 5.30pm sharp and then goodbye to office! I told hubby that if I were to stay at home IN FUTURE *will this come true? Haha* I will definitely search for more funky punky recipes and try them at home. Then you can have really good home made food awaiting for you to reach home and whack. All food will definitely be ready when you reach home. Sounds good? Haha...
We bought a big packet of Smoked Streaky Bacon at Centrepoint, which cost us only RM22.90 for 500gm. If this homemade recipe is successful, then we can forget about Cagayan, since I can do it. LOL.

First of all, I spread some salt all over the bacon and mixed them together. Do not put too much of salt because bacon itself is already salty. Cut the long bacon into half and then wrap with the Enoki mushroom. Before you wrap, my secret ingredient (LOL) is to dip the golden mushroom into a bowl of Teriyaki sauce. And then I wrapped it with bacon. On the outer layer of the bacon, I spread again some Teriyaki sauce to make it taste better and fragrant!
After finished wrapping, put them on the baking tray and bake it! The longer you bake, the crispier it is! So, bake longer... about 30-35 minutes will do and watch out your temperature. If it's too hot, then you will not have Golden Yummy Enoki Bacon but you will get Blacky Yummy Enoki Bacon. Haha... so, I baked for 25 minutes and increased the temperature from 120degrees - 180 degrees (during the last 5mins).

Finally, it turned out this!! Do you think it's successful? Looks good, and taste good as well. Teriyaki sauce indeed made a difference. The next round when I make it, I will spread more Teriyaki sauce and dip the whole mushroom into it. =D

Yummy yummy..... the most importantly is hubby loves this! Means it's successful! Cheers everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. hahah..Thanks dear for making this. :D Rating for this is 9/10! If the Bacon is crispier then it'll be 10/10 ;)

    ReplyDelete