Sunday, December 6, 2009

Glorified by Parachute Band

Parachute Band was at City Harvest Church yesterday and the church was fully packed. We arrived about 9:55am, service starts at 10am and unfortunately, we already had to squeeze in to the last row. But this is a good news too, which means the house of God is growing! They need a bigger building and that's what they are doing now, Arise and Build! The new building will be very much more bigger than the current one and I just can't wait for it!
During the praise and worship, Omega Levine shared his testimony:
Omega Levine: I was born with my nose and face not fully developed as a result of my thumb being over my nose in the womb. I had two major operations as a young kid to rebuild my face. Growing up was extremely tough, as I didn’t always fit in because of the way I looked. I battled with severe depression because of the way people would tease me and it even drew me to the point of nearly taking my life. I’ll never forget the day I cried out in desperation to God and he spoke to me and simply said, “I love you.” I felt accepted and free; his mercy had made me whole.

After sharing of his testimony, he sang the song GLORIFIED.
At that time, the church was very packed and I felt there was not enough of air and I couldn't breathe properly. Couldn't concentrate much but after the sharing of testimony and the song Glorified was sang, I was touched by this song and truly, how God cares for us so much if we cry to Him and seek His face. In everything we do, we need to keep in mind that our vision is to glorify God. His glory shall be glorified because who am I, that He would lay down His life for me?
There are times, life will be so good that you have everything that you want. But, don't get over on this, don't be too arrogant that you actually forget that all that you have, actually comes from God. God is the provider and He provides you with your needs. If you remained humble, the providence will be even greater!
Eventhough there are times life don't seem to go your path, there is always a reason behind that and in due time, the answer will be revealed. Trust and have faith that all that happened to you, it is for your own good BECAUSE we serve a good God that wants to mould us into the way He wants us to be! Don't forget that when you sing the song "Make a Difference - Won't You Lord, Take a look at our hearts, Mould it, refine it" and when God is moulding you, refining you, it is not easy and you might encounter pain. Therefore, do not give up because you once sang this song! Every change is good! I thank God that I know I will be safe in this world (even if the end time is near or 2012 happens) because of God's promises in the verses below!!

Matthew 6:25-34
25 “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? 28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Glorified Lyrics:
Lord I come into your Holy place
stand in awe, of your cleansing grace.
who am i, that you would care for me?
I glorified the one who died for me.

Chorus:
Glorified, glorified
Let your name be lifted up and glorified
Let the earth tremble at your name
Let your name be lifted up and glorified

Verse 2:
Into your hands, I commit my life
Day by day as a living sacrifice
Who am I that you would care for me?
I glorified the one who died for me

1 comments:

  1. i think this is the Youth Parachute Band la.....there's another parachute band from NZ too...hmmmm

    ReplyDelete