Monday, March 23, 2009

Home-made-dessert

Thanks to my mom that always taught me how to cook dessert when I was young and now, as a newly married wife, always hope to give my hubby the best food! Too bad, I'm way to lousy in western food and Mon-Fri's menu always look the same every week... Sigh, perhaps I should enroll in cooking class?? *thinking hard*
Well, this is one of the dessert that hubby loves the most, especially the floating Glutinuous Rice Ball and also longan. The rest of the ingredients are my duty to sapu them all, cause he don't like it. To cook this is pretty simple, just dump everything in water and bring it to boil. That's all!
Ingredients:
==========
Dried Longan
Barley
Red Dates
Snow Fungus (I hope the name is correct)
Brown sugar/Rock sugar
Glutinous Rice Ball
Water (duh...)
Steps:
=====
Only two steps, dump everything, except Glutinous rice ball and bring it to boil. Boil for about 2-3 hours depends on the quantity and finally, you can throw in the glutinous rice ball. Once it is float, it is ready to satisfy ur little or big tummy! Hehehe.. Pretty simple steps and now everyone can cook! *just like air asia, now everyone can fly* =)

2 comments:

  1. at the first glance....i tot u had fishball dessert...:P

    eh..this thing...boil longer the better....make it overnight(not the glutinous rice though)...it'll be so so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh gosh!!! fishball... hahahahhaa. if I didnt mention is glutinous rice ball, u all might think is fishball soup. hahahahhaa.
    i only add a few of those things...tat's why i didnt leave it overnight. easy rite.. maybe u can cook also. haha.

    ReplyDelete