Monday, July 23, 2012

1st Birthday Planning - Part 1

This is my first time planning for a baby's party and excitement is all over me, from head to toe. For the past few months, I've been searching and google-ing high and low on decoration, venue, theme and etc. I'm running out of time, with only 2 months left for booking, ordering and preparing.

Checklist:
1) Venue
We listed out few restaurants/halls in mind, and we almost get there. Waiting for quotations and if the price is reasonable, there we go! Book and Plan! If it's too pricey, the last option is MCD. Hopefully not, keep my fingers crossed, No MCD. *Sorry Aunty CL, no MCD at this young age* lol.

2) Date and Time
We decided for a lunch birthday party, a time that is more baby-friendly when your baby's energy level is still 80%.

3) Theme
Still deciding, but 90% we will go for a Princess party! We had Barney theme in mind, but the purple dinosaur doesn't look great as a whole for a birthday party, more over it's for our sweet girl. Barney lost the vote and most likely we will go with pinky purple princess party.

4) List of Guests
Almost Done! Once we decided on the venue, we will decide if we want to reduce some guests or to add on some.

5) Invitation Card
Still in the process of customizing... 10% done only. Need extra effort in this. Otherwise, the easiest way is FB invitation! The modern way of inviting guests... lol.

6) Food
The main menu is still depends on the venue of the party. But for the sweet desserts I already have some plans in mind. And I've not ordered her birthday cake yet, definitely not 3D/4D cake because it is out of my budget. I wish I'm a millionaire now ............. =(

7) Activities
Perhaps we should get a CLOWN in house? If the venue above is successful, we will book the futsal field if anyone is interested or book the playground for the kids. Hope this is gonna be a fun fun princess party! =D

That's all for the planning for now, I have many many more miles to travel before our sweet girl is officially 1. One word to summarize everything "THANKFUL". Thankful beyond words!

 

1 comments: