Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chips

CNY is coming real soon and I thought of giving out some cookies to Ashlynn's babysitter and also some of our close friends and not to forget our dearest family members. Instead of getting them from supermarket, (which doesn't taste good at all) I decided to bake them on my own. Baking cookies is really new to me and I've not baked any cookies BEFORE. Most of the time I bake cake, muffins or roast chicken but baking cookies is totally new.

Initially, I wanted to try pineapple tarts but since I've not baked any cookies before, it will be better if I kick start the momentum with baking simple butter cookies. So, here's the "Melt in the mouth butter cookies" by Nasi Lemak Lover. This is really simple and I settled everything within 2 hours including all the cleaning.

Here's the recipe:

Butter Cookie (makes 50pcs)

Butter 200g (use good quality of butter)
Icing sugar 50g
All purpose flour 150g
Corn flour 50g
Chocolate chips (optional, not in original recipe)

1. Beat butter and icing sugar till creamy.
2. Sift in flour and corn flour, mix well to a soft dough
3. Scoop dough into piping bag and pipe dough evenly on baking tray.
4. Bake at preheated oven at 180C for 13-15 minutes or golden brown.


My new gadget which cost only RM10.90 at Carefour. Extremely excited to try out all the patterns! Kekeke...

The very buttery batter, smells good because am not using any Farmcow or Buttercup, but SCS. Slightly expensive butter.


I bought a new baking tray, but it doesn't fit in my oven. Sigh ... wasted. End up using the slightly curved tray.

Oh well, I'm still new in baking cookies and didn't know that cookies get burnt VERY fast. 1 minute you check and it is still nice in colour, but the next minute you check, the side is all roasted! Practice makes perfect and the last tray that I baked, it turned out to be so perfect! Nicely baked with the perfect temperature and texture. Really melt in the mouth with the buttery aroma.


One big container! My first attempt but I'm still not really satisfied with the outcome as in the not-consistent shape and the slightly burnt cookies. I can do better than this! =))
Can't wait to try again and if it's really good, off they go to the friends + family! Next week is already CNY and all I need to do now is to dig out some time here and there, patch the time together and get started!

0 comments:

Post a Comment