Thursday, November 18, 2010

Christmas ..... why everyone is busy xchanging gifts?

Christmas is just around the corner and well, everyone is busy shopping and trying to get the best gifts for their beloved friends and family. It's such a happy season when everyone in the globe just enjoy shopping and giving presents. My colleagues and friends are so busy shopping for Christmas, scouting for the best gift and thinking hard what to give. But, do you know why this festive season is always known as the gifts exchanging season? Who started this exchanging gifts culture? Why such culture existed?

The ultimate reason is God Himself that started this "culture" of giving! He gave us the best gift, that is incomparable with any material things in the world. The gift that He gave us, provide us everlasting life, joy, peace ... everything!

Isaiah 9:6
For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Most of us have Christmas memories.. What is your best Xmas memories then?

When I was young, I always love Christmas because we get to exchange gifts in Church. Receiving gift is always the happiest moment in life.... XD During Sunday School, the number of stickers that we got for attendance and some artwork can be changed to gifts too! Besides, there were lots of food and ice cream! We had a real Christmas tree at home and I still remember my parents will decorate the tree with lights, the day before caroling. It was fun.... and in fact I have always felt the peace and joy in this season. I just do not know why, but during this season, there's so much peace and joy in the air! If you feel the same, just enjoy it.....

And when I was young, I have always wanted to meet Santa. I thought Santa is real! I read too much story of Santa riding on a sleigh, with Rudolph the red nose reindeer and I thought all these are real! Not only that, I wish when I open the door of my bedroom, I can see presents, or socks hanging on my window when I open my eyes. Sometimes I don't feel like closing my eyes just in case Santa suddenly pass by. LOL.... Unfortunately all these are just stories.

On reflection every good gift I have ever gotten can be traced back to the little Lord Jesus who came long ago. I knew I won't be meeting the real Santa anyway and get disappointed with it, but I can pause during this holiday season and say, “Thank you for Christmas, Jesus. You’re the best gift anyone could ever receive.” Without Christmas and without You in my life, I am not who I am and I won't be a better person today....

Here are some Christmas deco in Pavilion.... thumbs up to all workers busy decorating this place and all I can say is you guys are really excellent!



The Christmas origin, at its meaningful heart, began about 2,000 years ago in a manger in Bethlehem. The Christmas story is simple -- Jesus wishes to be born within your heart today! As we hustle about the shopping malls this Christmas season looking for that perfect gift, let's all reflect on the greatest Christmas gift of all. Open your heart to the Messiah who was born in a manger in humility, died on a cross in love, and rose from the grave in glory. Accept the gift of Jesus Christ this Christmas - the most glorious gift in all history!

Besides from busy hunting for the best Christmas gift for your friends, don't forget to include this Glorious Eternal Gift for your friend! Their life will never be the same again after receiving this glorious gift! Blessed Christmas everyone .............. XD

1 comments:

  1. Amen.......
    He's THE REAL reason for the season, but the season had missed out on the real reason, why we celebrate Christmas every season. :D

    ReplyDelete