Monday, May 24, 2010

El Meson Espanol - Spanish Restaurant and Tapas Bar

The most exciting about this meal is that I've finally met with Ashish! Ex-colleague in HP, same team as me and the last time I saw him was during his farewell at HERE! He's doing good and every year, there will be US business trip for him. How nice of it and it means, good to leave the team to explore a better career outside! Hope it will go the same to me.... God is always Good! And it's ALL the Time!

Initially, we decided to dine in at Rick's Cafe ~ Casablanca meal at One Bangsar but too bad, it already closed shop in 2009. So, we drove around Bangsar Village and we saw this interesting restaurant.

El Meson is just located right behind of Bangsar Village II, Madam Kwan is just next door.



I had a sip of this Sangria and I wanted to puke. It has alcohol in it. I thought it's like fruit juice. LOL. I'm so naive ok! I jug of this Sangria can fill up to 5 cups and cost about RM78. Luckily Mandy don't mind of the 2 sips. Haha..

Everyone had Heineken, Kilkenny, Sangria and me, I ordered Ice Blended Oreo Latte worth RM13.

Tapas Menu ~ Boquerones Bacon - Spanish anchovies wrapped with Bacon (RM16). The sad thing is only 3 pieces.... but nice!

Tapas Menu ~ Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms with chopped chorizo and beef, topped with melted cheese (RM18). This is seriously delicious! I like!!

Tapas Menu ~ Whitebait - Crispy fried little fish served with Allioli (RM14). I wonder when we ordered this and I thought it came together with the Bacon. Wow, I actually didn't know that this is little fish until I blog about this. LOL.

Pan fried Halibut served with stewed bean, Serrano ham andpotato confit (RM32).

Pan fried Chicken Breast stuffed with Serrano and Cheese served with Potato Wedges and Vegetables (RM38). This is definitely my order, delicious! Very filling even though it's only one chicken breast. Worth to order.. delicious!

Pork Chop - Premium bone-on chops, pan roasted and served with Sauerkraut and Roast Potatoes (RM42).

Penne Carbonara with Smoked Salmon and mushroom. (RM28)

Timbale of Lamb with saute spinach, rosemary and potato terrine and wild nut and orange molasse (RM42).

Mandy, Ashish and me!!

The total bill for the night... Once in a while is ok? Haha...

Hopefully we can meet up again just like this. It's really fun and we had fun chats that night. The 2nd stop was at Chawan for the same night until 1.30am. Not bad huh, I've not been to yum cha till that late. Wooot.. I love night life!! =D

1 comments:

  1. wahhh..so nice..the Oreo Latte is really tempting ler :D you can take the Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms with chopped chorizo and beef ? Next time we have more beef...hehe

    ReplyDelete