Sunday, January 25, 2015

Loves to Bake - Steamed Caramel Banana Cake

Baking is so much fun. My MIL brought lots of bananas over and I just wondering what I can do with those bananas, instead of just eating them on its own. So, looking through recipes.. thought of baking muffins, but ended up I made steamed caramel banana cake. The name itself looks delicious and the end result is even more yummy. Because I like caramel. That explains why I decided to made this cake.

The recipe adopted from the website :
Just follow exactly the same, steps by steps and you will get a superb steamed cake.

But, I find it a little too sweet. Wonder if I cut down the sugar, will the cake still look this good....


 Ashlynn said she would like to have a muffin, thus, I poured some batter into a paper cupcake we bought from Ikea.
 Yummmm!! It will be so much better if I can cut down the sugar.


Looks good right? Soft and moist is the most important key to a successful cake.

The hubby loves it too... he said this is good! Yeayy!!

More baking to come. Next target will be baking a nice birthday cake for the birthday boy. So, I gotta practice more! Swiss meringue buttercream, pipping, decorating ... etc. Wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment