Thursday, June 30, 2011

Claypot Chicken Rice without Claypot!

Sounds a bit funny with the caption, should have just removed the Claypot word in front instead of putting without claypot at the end. But, what I'm trying to say is that I'm attempting to cook "Nga Po Kai Fan" without the use of claypot. I used my forever-faithful-rice-cooker instead!

Ingredients:
- small onions, garlic, ginger
- chicken/pork; cut into cubes
- mushrooms ... I put more because I love mushrooms!
- soy sauce, dark soy sauce, salt, pepper, sesame oil, (oyster sauce if you want)

Steps :
1) Marinade the chicken/pork cubes with soy sauce, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, pepper, and chopped ginger. Leave it for 30 mins.
2) Fry small onions and garlic until fragrant. Add the marinated chicken/pork cubes and mushrooms and stir fry until 90% cook.
3) Wash rice and measure the water level using rice cooker (just like how you cook rice), and then scoop out the rice and stir fry together with the chicken. Mix everything and then pour the mixture into the rice cooker that contains the water that you've measured just now.
4) Cook it!! And Kao Tim!!

Yummy!! It was perfect! Not too dry nor too wet....

All I can say is that this dish was superb and I should have cooked more!!! Added up with my hometown's cili padi as the side dish........... perfecto!!!!!!!!!! Try it at home... the easiest steps yet so delicious! =D

0 comments:

Post a Comment