Thursday, August 25, 2016

Musang Durian Mille Crepe - Sugar & flour

I was browing FB the other day and suddenly came across this suggested post. OMG! I'm a durian lover and with the few thousand likes and few thousand comments on this ONE post, how can I miss such a great deal. Since the hubby wasn't around and I'm alone with the three kids, I decided to give this a shot. My kind of comfort food after two long weeks with the two toddlers and 1 baby ... all by MYSELF! 

 
 Hopefully it really lives up to its name. With so many likes and comments, it cannot go wrong right. Must be something really good. It's durian season, hence the promotion. I called the number, made an order, made payment, booked slot on 9 Aug! Till then, I seated patiently at home waiting for 9 Aug for this little baby. =D

 
It arrived on 9 Aug, around 1pm! I read a few reviews in FB said that the delivery wasn't on time and they waited for a whole long day and still haven't receive, called the courier and the courier said 1 more hour, but after 1 hour still haven't receive.. so on and so on. Thank God my order was so straightforward. I just waited at home and then the door bell rang at 1pm. Saw the Ta-Q-Bin van outside waiting. I knew it was the cake! Received it cold and ice. They freeze it so that it won't spoil after a day of traveling from JB to KL. Awesome!

 
Look at this beauty!! Couldn't wait to cut.. but it was so hard like an ice because they freeze it.

 
The beautiful layers of the crepe, layered with generous amount of cream. 

 
Finally, able to cut after using much force. So afraid my knife will break into half. Haha. Cut a few portions, and keep the rest back in the freezer.

This is half frozen. If you eat it like this, it tastes a lot like ice cream. I waited a while more, roughly about 20mins in room temperature and it tasted really good. But I couldn't taste if it was real musang or not, which I doubt it is. The durian is blended with the cream therefore, couldn't taste much of the durian flesh. More towards the smell only. Anyway, I still enjoy this because I've been grounded at home for two long weeks! Some dessert to keep me fresh and sane.

0 comments:

Post a Comment