Monday, July 22, 2013

My life lately....

....has been fully occupied by the two little munchkins. And as I watch them grow day by day, my heart is so full. Full of love. Full of satisfaction. Full of thankfulness.

I feel full. And I feel complete. And I couldn't wait for the day we say it's time for baby #3.

Maternity holidays ended in just a blink of an eye. Unknowingly, I'm already back to work. Full time working mom is never easy. Neither do full time stay at home mom. Both jobs are equally tiring. But fulfilling!

Back to work, and I'm still adapting to the working life. And most of the days, I can never make it to reach office on time, 7am. Some how some what, I'm late. Lots of bags to carry, lots of things to pack and yeah, see my schedule below. After work schedule.

7pm - Reach home with both babies. Take a super quick bath (but still clean). Wash all milk bottles and sterilize. Nurse baby boy because at this hour, he will be crying to nurse to sleep.

8pm - Take my quick dinner. As late as this hour, I try my best to omit rice because I will be going to sleep the next hour and I do not want to be a fat mommy! Wash plates/pots .. settle some laundry. And divide the morning pumped breastmilk into the milk bottles to hand over to babysitter the next day.

8.30pm - Pump. Hang clothes. Pray. Get ready the big sister to put her to sleep.

9.30-10pm - Time to sleep.

1am - If baby wakes up, I will nurse him and then pump. Pack the pumping equipments.

2am-5am - Nurse baby if he wakes up.

5.30am - Wake baby up. Change his diaper. Nurse him. Pack the bags and milk.

6.30am - Off to work.


Even though I mentioned here 6.30am off to work, but I can never make it. After dingling-dangling here and there, we ended up leave home at 6.45am. Weekends schedule will be a little different as during the midnight pump, I will cook Ashlynn's porridge in the slow cooker. Perhaps it's time to change her meal, from porridge to soup rice. Let's see how it goes.

Basically, I only have 3 hours of "proper" sleep every day. Midnight sleep is all dedicated to my little boy. I'm not complaining here, but this is just a phase. Very soon, Daniel will be sleeping through the night and very soon, I will miss all-about-newborn babies. Did I ever mention that Daniel is such a sweet baby? He LOVES to smile all the time! He can even give you a smile when he's down with flu/cough/after vomit. Thank God for such a happy baby! His smile alone makes all the sleepless nights worth it. I feel recharged with just that one smile! And that smile alone is priceless! I love my babies!

Well, motherhood is fun. Some days are challenging, I feel lousy, I feel terrible.. but some days, I think I can have 10 babies! (I can see Justin is rolling his eyes, haha)


0 comments:

Post a Comment