Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Why COD fish?

 
COD fish is always known as a very expensive fish and many of you thought I've been pampering my lil girl so much that I eat normal fish but she eats cod. Why I choose to intro COD fish as her first taste bud to fish and not other normal fishes like salmon/selar/groupa or any other cheaper version of fish? 

FYI, I'm not bragging that I'm feeding my girl COD because it's expensive neither am I pampering her by only giving her expensive food. All I know is COD fish is high in nutrients and there's nothing to worry like when she grows up, she only takes expensive fish and she doesn't want cheaper version of fish. I believe all mothers out there know what is good and only give good things to their children. Let's compare kampung chicken and normal chicken. Which you will buy for your kids? Of course kampung chicken. Less injection, less chemical , more natural breeding and tastes juicier!

I'm not pampering her, but I know COD fish has higher nutrients compared to other fishes, and I want her to have those nutrients. One of the reasons I intro COD fish first because of her allergy. When we first introduced solid, we started with rice. She was allergic to rice! We were surprised and even her Dr was surprised. So, we stopped rice for a time being and then we intro ikan bilis/anchovies and she got red rashes around her lips. Since then, we kicked off anchovies to another list. Only then I knew anchovies are not good as they sprinkle some chemicals to it so that this dry product last longer. =( Same for pork/chicken, both were kicked out to the "allergy list". Perhaps we shall intro again when she's 1yo. I was a bit worry, if she couldn't take fish/poultry, then will she get enough protein? I started telling myself, if she can only take COD fish, I don't mind buying it for her, as long as she gets the nutrients that she needs =/ I started research and read up a lot of info about fish that is mild, less "fishy" tasting of all fish and causes less allergy in children. The answer is COD/SALMON, the best fish to intro to your 8-9 month old baby. True enough, COD works well with my baby and no allergy! We plan to introduce Salmon next and later moved on to groupa/red snapper. I'm not pampering her, but if I can afford, I will give her the best, especially when it comes to food. A healthy diet brings up a happy baby. If there is a mixture in her diet of different kind of fishes, I believe she won't have the habit of eating only expensive food. And if I didn't tell her that COD is very expensive, she won't know it as well.

Looking at the rashes near her mouth due to food allergy breaks my heart and sometimes I just couldn't help but to worry of her daily diet/nutrients whether she's getting enough.

There are seven benefits when you add cod fish to your diet and you might want to include it in your weekly diet, instead of day in and day out chicken.

Low Calorie: Cod fish contains a little over 100 calories. It is perfect for athletes that need to shed excess weight and body fat.

High in Protein: Cod fish contains over 15 grams of clean protein. All athletes need clean protein which is necessary for lean, muscle tissue growth and repair.

Omega 3s: Cod fish is a great source of omega 3 fatty acids. Omega 3 fatty acids are necessary for the human body for proper brain functioning, as well as cardiovascular health. Omega 3 fatty acids can also soothe dry skin, improve circulation, and prevent vision problems.

Heart Protection: By eating cod fish, you are protecting your heart. Combined with the omega 3s, cod is loaded with vitamin A and K to help prevent damage to the heart.

Energy: Cod is packed with energy filled vitamins, such as B6 and B12, which will help you have more energy during your workouts and while performing sports. Vitamin B6 also helps regulate hormonal imbalances, reduces the risk of heart attack, and improves cholesterol levels. Vitamin B12 helps to reduce anemia and anemia's symptoms (which can play a role in fatigue) and boost energy levels (because vitamin B12 helps produce new hemoglobin).

Source of Vitamin D: Vitamin D is needed for healthy skin and bones. Vitamin D is also good for preventing autoimmune diseases and helps control high blood pressure.

Reduced Inflammation: The oils in cod fish are used as an anti-inflammatory. Ingesting cod fish at least two times a week can provide benefits for athletes with joint problems.

0 comments:

Post a Comment