Tuesday, December 13, 2011

At work and At home

All the posts about Ashlynn ain't about any complains from my heart, it's just another sharing moment. I love her more than words can say.. she's our greatest gift ever!

Well, being a mother is not as simple as you think. Playing with baby is really fun, but when it comes to handling baby, you really need to be patient. Especially handling a crying baby, sometimes you are just blank and do not know why they cry. At times I feel so helpless because I already try my best to pacify her, but she still cries which I do not know why and sometimes I felt lousy for not being able to provide her with all that she needs. People used to say, baby cry because of these few reasons : Wet diaper, hungry, tummy ache, wind... all these. But lately, I discovered that my baby cried when she's lack of attention. LOL. Example, when we leave her alone in the room and we are out at dining hall for dinner, after few minutes she will start to cry. The moment we step into the room, she stop crying. Haha... my cutie pie.

Juggling between work and bfeeding is not easy. It can be super tired at days but I still do not want to give up on bfeeding because I know that her body needs a lottttt of antibodies. It can be really heartbreaking when she falls sick, so to avoid all these, I hang on!

And here's my daily schedule. (Oh yeah, thank God that now I started to work early shift, which is 7am-4.30pm and I can pick A up earlier and spend more time with her!) *hugs*

12-1am
The last feed before A dozes off until the morning, 5/6/7am.. depending on how fast her stomach digests the milk. =D

5am
Wake up when A wakes up. If she didn't then I will not be awake until my alarm at 6am. Hehe.. More than thankful for such a sleeping beauty, at 2 mths old, she sleeps through the night. Am just amazed at her... thank you A!! If she's awake at 5, then I will feed her and pump out the remainder. She dozes off very quickly without finishing her usual 5oz. I know 5oz is a lot for a 2 mth old, but I was told by her PD to feed on demand.. =)

6am
Finished pumping and get ready for work. Wash all the equipments and sterilize. Prepare all the EBM and put in the cooler bag. Take out some frozen meat/fish to cook for dinner. Send A to babysitter and waved goodbye to her with a heavy heart. She will stare at me as I slowly walk towards the door as if she's telling me don't go. =( So sorry girl, mommy has to work.

7am
Arrived office. If I didnt pump earlier in the morning, I quickly settle some work and then off to the room to pump. Wash equipments, but no sterilizer in office so I just rinse with hot water.

11am
Another session of pumping, washing and rinsing.

3pm
Another session of pumping, washing and rinsing.

4.15pm
Started to prepare to go home, pack all the milk and complete my final work before I prepare to Logoff. =))

5pm
Arrived at babysitter's house and so happy to see A!!

5.30pm
Home sweet home and quickly bath. Ensure that A is on her playing time and then prepare dinner while Justin takes over the babysitting. Sterilize the pump and storage.

7.30pm
Finished cooking (very simple meal like soup only). Haha... start another pumping session.

8.30pm
Started to pacify her to take a short nap and when she dozes off, we have our dinner. Sometimes the pacifying can delay up to 9 something.

10pm
Usually she wakes up at this time and she have her playtime.

11pm
Her last feed of the day before she dozes off until morning. And my last pump before I doze off. Sometimes I'm too tired that I take a short nap, as short as 15 mins.. better than I doze off while pumping. I wish there's pump that also works when we lie down. Can sleep while pumping. ;p

Goodnight world!! =))

Here's the journal of my days.... basically my sleep cuts down from 8 hours a day to 4-5 hours. I wish for more hours in a day because the night time that I spend with A is too short. When A starts her school, I wonder where to get the time to teach her in her homeworks. Only weekends? =( Well, when you come to think of having a baby, am sure the one thing that you can think of is "sleepless night". But all I can say is the sleepless night is worth it! I wouldn't want to trade my baby with sleep, I would rather having my baby with me than having a nice 8 hours of sleep! =)

2 comments:

  1. True enough about the sleeping issue. After 9 January 2010 (the day hayra was born), i never get a good night sleep until now but i never regret it coz i've been blessed with a daughter and a son. Sometimes, you will crave for at least a 10 minutes nap, yet you will keep on fulfilling their demand even though ur really tired. Good luck dear friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeahhh.. no regrets at all! Even a simple smile from them is so priceless and kills all tiredness. =D

    ReplyDelete