Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Fruitful and satisfying day!

Last Tuesday was indeed a fruitful day because first of all, I had good food and secondly, I just bought a novel! It was Twilight novel... and it has been a really long time since I last touched a book written by "Ed Wheat, Gaye Wheat". We had our dinner at Restoran Peranakan Place again at 1Utama and I was totally addicted to the delicious nyonya tofu. Unfortunately, they changed the style of the tofu and even the tofu they replaced it with Japanese tofu instead of home made beancurd. Kinda disappointed with the dish and yeah, I will not go back there again.

They just renovated the restaurant and this is the new look. Looks simple but elegant. New look means new hope? How bout menu, if you change for the better still ok, but the tofu... dun degrade la. I dun like Japanese tofu, use back the homemade beancurd! Hope the manager of the restaurant will read this and improve! And I was looking for customer survey but nope, they do not have that. Too bad, you cannot hear opinions to improve.

While waiting for the food, btw, their service is kinda slow.. so if you were to eat here, be patient yea.


Nyonya fried chicken (RM13.80 for small and RM21 for large) - Marinated with special blended ingredients and deep fried. Quite unique, and this is a must to try. And definitely not a try if you're dieting.
Related review for Peranakan Place :
1) Visit #1

We just walked around in 1Utama to let our food digest before we go home, and then I saw a book fair from MPH. Kinda excited because there was a large board stated 70%. This is always the marketing skills that when ppl see 70%, they will definitely walk in and have a look. If you're lucky enough, then they will grab few things. I was kinda excited when I saw the series of Stephenie Meyer on 20% discount. Thought of grabbing all the series, Eclipse, New Moon, Breaking Dawn and Twilight.. but I think twice and decided to get Twilight first. Just afraid I got overly excited this season and throw them aside for dust collection after few months.

RM35.50 with 20%, kinda cheap rite... so if you're Twilight fans, grab one now!

The contents... till today, I just read up to 2 pages, not even a chapter because weekdays I'm usually lazy. After work is always relax and TVs and movies and paktor!

3 comments:

  1. I saw d movie first..then later i read the book. It's a good book. You'll fall in love with Edward's melting words...seriously..

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...this series again???one of my kawan is SO SO SO Addicted to it that we're arguing how stupid is this vampire thing....

    anyway..apparently the book is good....and the movie is horrible..hahah
    and btw..u shud really sound them for their terrible tofu..:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. LavenderGal : Yea yea, i plan to watch the movie first and then proceed with the book. Haha.... My colleague was deeply in love with Edward too.. haha.

    Sheep : I must watch this weekend.. then I will know how horrible it is. Haha.... for the tofu, I didnt sound them because it will spoil my mood. So, leave as it is. just tat I won't go back there again for tofu...

    ReplyDelete