Friday, September 18, 2015

Yeay to Potty Training!

Few months ago, we tried to potty train him but it wasn't successful. The very first time, I brought him to the potty and he just refused to sit on the potty. His legs will cling to my legs like a koala whenever I tried to put him down. Ok then, I decided to wait few more weeks. And it was the same. No signs of him loving to sit on the potty. But, he can pee on the toilet floor when I asked him to. This pretty means he's ready to be trained, the only fear in him is to sit on the potty. Which I don't know why. The big hole I guess? Haha. 

The following month, I tried to potty train him again. By faith, we went diaper-less and pant-less! Only the t-shirt for the entire day (except for sleeping time). It was a huge disaster! There was no problem with pee-pee because every 30mins, I brought him to the toilet to pee pee on the floor and not the potty. He just refused to sit on the potty! Sigh. After dinner, I noticed some signs of him wanting to poo. I quickly brought him to the potty and again, failed! He ended up poo poo on the toilet floor. T__T

I told myself, he wasn't ready and we shall just go back to diaper. 

Many more months later, I tried to put him on the potty and initially, he refused but I forced a little while trying to distract him with his favorite milo nuggets and voila, he sat on the potty for a good 5 mins!! I knew in my heart it was time to train him. 

This week, we went diaper-less and pant-less and even though he still really can't control his pee, there were few accidents in the day when I forgot to bring him to pee. Yesterday night was a huge success when he knew the urged to poo, he went to the toilet himself, trying to climb up the potty placed on the toilet bowl. Thank God I saw it and quickly placed him on the potty. Within seconds, he poo-ed a bomb in the toilet bowl! I was so so so happy that I cheered him on as he poo-ed. And there was a huge smile on his face, he felt the sense of achievement when I clapped as he poo-ed. 

2 years 4 months, little brother is potty trained! Well done baby!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment