Sunday, August 24, 2014

SAHM vs FTWM

FTWM = Get paid with nice paycheck. Shopping spree every month.
SAHM = Get paid with much hugs and kisses

In Summary, this is a difficult decision to make. I wish to have a nice paycheck every month end, and on the other hand, I wish to be home with my kids 24x7. 

As the day is getting nearer, I'm having mixed feelings if I've ever made the right decision. What if we couldn't settle with just one paycheck? Will it be wise to just survive with one paycheck? At the end of the day, it's still all about money and money and money. Can we survive? Yes or No? If we can merely sustain on the border line, is it worth all the sacrifice? 

And this explains a lot of sacrifices to be done.. No purchasing power, no overseas holiday, no nice dine out etc. It will be a little tough since we are so used to "enjoying" and "relaxing" .. and very soon, we shall not have such freedom to spend and enjoy. We have to set limitations. We have to set a budget for food, entertainment, groceries, etc. And we shall hire a finance minister to ensure budget is met.

Oh well.. a tough sacrifice to be made. But... what's more important than our own kids. Our kids definitely need us more than the materials in the world. I've chose this path because of the few concerns:
1) health (Daniel has been falling sick every alternate weeks *sad*)
2) safety (Knowing that the kids will one day go to school, I have the responsibility to send them to school and fetch them back home. And I can keep an eye on their whereabouts)
3) guidance (I can look after them after school and ensure their days are good. Be the pillar of strength 24x7)
4) tutoring/mentoring (in their homework)

I guess, I've made the right decision. No money can guarantee my kids' safety and health, but all these are guaranteed through my own eyes and hands. I do hope I won't be one paranoid mom in future.. and all I can do, I surrender them all to God's loving hands. He looks after the flocks in the sky, the flowers in the garden and what more us, His little children. 

God is good. I'm thankful to be given such privilege to be able to stay home with the kids. Even if we can only survive and not having any luxuries of life... it's worth it! 

I love you my little children..... we shall sail together no matter what the future unfolds, but don't forget, we have a Captain in Heaven. =)



2 comments:

  1. Carysse, don't worry yea. I have been a SAHM for two years and always worry about going by with one paycheck. You know, it's very tight on finance and requires very strict budgeting BUT.... the outcome is very rewarding because we are investing in raising children God's ways. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Grace!! Shall turn to you for more advice in the future... =D

    ReplyDelete