Saturday, September 7, 2013

Yell Less , Love More - Achievement #2

Oh well, I'm proud to say that I made it again. The hubby was away for a wedding dinner, and I'm alone with the kiddos. The usual me, will definitely yell at least once. But last night, I didn't. Even though the apple crumbs were all over the floor, I just looked at her with my stern look and reminded her "no more playing with food". And that stern look works. She stopped playing with her apple and continued biting and eating them. Until few minutes later, the whole apple dropped on the floor. Ok, this is just another phase when toddlers learn how to eat on their own. (I reminded myself). All that I said was just "You see!" And I cleaned up the floor, took the apple, washed it and I ate it. :p

As a whole, we had a great night. She was cheerful, happy and when putting her to sleep, she kept calling me mama and this alone was already a bliss. I saved the entire atmosphere by not yelling and making her cry. 

Loving a baby is a circular business, a kind of feedback loop. The more you give the more you get and the more you get the more you feel like giving.
- Penelope Leach


It's 12.12am now and I'm looking forward for the sun to rise, and it's another day to give more love to my babies. Both of them are asleep now, and yeahh, I already miss the bonding time. And. I'm looking forward so much for the day to come. The more I yell less, the more I enjoy my weekends. Even more enjoy with both babies in my arms. Love wins!

0 comments:

Post a Comment