Monday, March 2, 2009

Madam Kwan @ MidValley

People used to rave about how good Madam Kwan's nasi lemak is. Is this really excellent that it became something to die for? Since I've never tried the nasi lemak before, last weekend I decided to try and give a fair assessment to it. Also, recently food posts are just my passion besides making my Hanoi friend jealous bout it. Hehehe.....
Nasi Bojari (RM21.50) ~ Madam's tri-coloured rice with assam prawns, beef rendang and deep fried chicken drumstick. The rice was fragant, but the quality of rice they used was like Grade Z I can say. Even my mom-in-law said that their dogs have better quality of rice than this. The side dishes were good, especially the chicken drumstick.
Nasi Lemak (RM14.90) ~ Aromatic coconut steamed rice served with chicken curry, sambal ikan bilis, dried shrimp floss, hard boiled egg, acar and fresh cucumber. After having this dish, I felt like now I had a high cholesterol. Curry and nasi lemak with thick coconut milk are totally not my diet eventhough it taste good. The only satisfying dish is the shrimp floss.

3 comments:

  1. i personally like their nasi lemak..but mahal la! Wont purposely go for it for any quick fix..i mean come on..nasi lemak..can get anywhere la....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. sheep : try once should be enough, since it stated in the menu that this is their specialty... =D Even mamak offers better nasi lemak... and sometimes only RM1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. however their nasi bojari is worth it..:D it's like going to nandos with the whole quater chicken.

    ReplyDelete