Thursday, March 13, 2008

Knowing Love ~

The most ideal wedding is definitely a dream wedding run smoothly. Imagine all the plannings do not go your way and yeah, your once in a lifetime marriage is spoiled by the lousy gown, stress over the PA systems, Emcees, and so on. Oh no, I can just pray for the best on my wedding day!

You have the groom... you have the date.. but do you have what it takes to make your wedding day a success???!!!

Honestly, dreaming of getting married is exciting but planning over a wedding is totally tossing and stressing. Which is the best Bridal House in town that offers the best package? Where should I get ppl that put up the best decos? Which restaurant in Banting that offers the best food? Lolz.. I better crack my head and divide my brain to several parts! Planning over your own wedding supposed to be exciting and yet, I found it really ma fan as not all things you planned will go your way.

Anyway, I found this interesting website regarding "Matters of the Heart".
Feel free to visit this website : Matters of the Heart

And here's one interesting post about "Marital Advice That Stands the Test of Time by Cameron Ingalls".

Let me quote some of the interesting points to learn..

Planning a wedding is a lot of work, but after you say, “I do,” that’s when the real work begins.

The second piece of advice my wife and I learned from an older couple is the classic adage: never go to bed angry.

Here’s the drill: Before going to bed ask your spouse, “How have I hurt or offended you today?” Then wait for their answer and listen without saying anything back. Truly listen. Don’t speak or retaliate. Try not to make excuses or shift the blame for your actions. Let down any defenses you may naturally have and prepare to be served your fair portion of humble pie. Try for a moment to see things from your spouse’s eyes and sincerely apologize. Apologize for anything you did or didn’t do which caused your spouse to feel hurt. Then ask, “How have I blessed you today?” Hopefully there will be a list of actions of love and kindness, which you have showered upon your spouse that same day. This is a great opportunity to build back esteem after hearing the first part of this exercise.

Everyday we need to be forgiven and to forgive each other or else we may build a laundry list of offenses that can lead to bitterness, resentment, and ultimately divorce. If you plan on investing even half as much into your marriage as you do your wedding, I suggest you make this an evening ritual before you and your spouse go to bed. You have nothing to lose but a little pride and a lot of hurt.

So this is interesting.. isn't it???

0 comments:

Post a Comment