Thursday, March 27, 2014

The spirit of SAHM is soaring!

As day goes by, week after week, month after month... the spirit of SAHM gets stronger. If finance isn't the main concern now, I wouldn't hesitate to throw in the letter of "Hereby, I tender my resignation...."

Situation has been a little haywired lately that makes me feel like resigning in 24 hours. I wish I could be there hugging my son to sleep. Crying it out is not my type... I couldn't bear the pitiful cry, neither can my heart take the pitiful look of a child crying for your attention. Baby is only a baby for a year, they are growing up too fast, why can't I pamper them. I love my babies a lot ...

Here's a little summary of what happened. After 3 weeks of Europe trip, Daniel's routine is a little messed up. He needs some pats on the butt in order to fall asleep. And he hates his crib as of now. Usually, he is an easy going boy, an easy sleeper. All I need to do is to put him in the baby cot, walk out and close the room's door. And he will sleep on his own. But today, it's so different. The moment I turn my head away, he started crying. Crying inconsolably. It's heart wrenching to see him cry till like that, the out-of-breath type of cry. Babysitter is training the same, it can go on for 10-20mins. Oh dear, how can a mother accept it? If I were there, I will cry together with him. This whole situation makes the spirit of SAHM going stronger, I wish I can just throw in the letter and say goodbye.

Secondly, I've just received a not so good news that my boss is cutting short my pumping session in office. I used to pump twice a day in the office (morning and afternoon) and my boss (he's married with a son anyway) suggested that I pump during lunch time and after working hours. This schedule does not work for me as I need to pump every 4 hours in order to maintain a good supply to Daniel that he can be exclusively breastfeed. I just love the bond of breastfeeding, and I'm not ready to cut short the supply. Just imagine that two little eyes starring at you while he nurses, and that little fingers that couldn't stop touching your hair, your nose, sticking his little finger in your mouth... this is what we defined as real JOY! It's a sad news for me, and all in, I'm just demotivated to work and, I feel like throwing in the letter.

Thirdly, Daniel still wakes up to nurse every 3-4 hours midnight and I have very little of sleep. Sometimes I feel so heavy headed in the morning and it's a tough time to get up to work at 6am.

I'm having mixed feelings now. I wish money ain't a concern.

0 comments:

Post a Comment